• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ultimate Wake Boat?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You guys will have to tell me that have shopped for or own these things. But after looking and talking to the reps at all of the booths yesterday, from Tige', Mooba, Malibu interests, Mastercraft, several I didn't know existed, and then happened by the Super Nautique, I saw such a night and day difference between the G21/G23/G25 and the rest. Big difference between a novelty touch screen on the Yamahas and on that boat line too. The G25 I was fooling with, had 2850#'s of automated ballast, in the floors, in bladders as they used to do hard tanks but this makes them 100% replaceable and repairable for a fraction of the cost and time. It has a deep V bow hull to give it ability in big water, chop, waves, wakes, to give a smooth ride regardless. And a state of the art aft hull area to give it some of the best wake water out there. Of course I was hearing this from their rep, but the guy apparently knew a great deal about the market of these boats.

I was asking about the big touch screen control of stereo, ballast, chart plotter, and other systems. The screen has a gps database and Navionics maps. You merely tell it what activity you want and it automatically fills or empties the ballast to optimize for it, left or right. These boats are expensive. But in what I saw at the show, this is the level they all should be. If I wanted to get into surfing, and have it be effortless, this is the setup you would want. Touch a button and get to it. I just wonder why Yamaha and other companies put in a screen and then prohibit you from accessing other peripherals such as charts, weather, etc. This was a proprietary system for the Super Nautique, yet they set it up to be a sonar/chartplotter, to offer the captain all of what he needs, not just a toy. Pretty neat boats!

Since you got on the g series im guessing you saw the price also, which is why yamaha doesn't offer all of those extras on their touch screen setup, it keeps them in their target price area which is why their a big seller because more people can afford them. The touch screens are nice but next spring me and my wife are ordering an axis t23 hopefully, mostly because there is no expensive touch screen to replace if it goes out everything is on toggle switches. But it still has zero off gps cruise, surf gate, automated ballast with the plug and play option to add more, heater option etc. all for about half the cost of a g series. and from what ive seen a better surf wave, obviously not as fancy but also not almost the price of my home.

to add if money was no option i would still go for a centurion enzo fs44 over a natique

Your right about that. Those G series boats were $125K for the G21, $145K for the G23, and $165K for the G25...but they were loaded with every available option and more.

You guys know I am sure, I haven't never surfed. But their hull design is what caught my eye...along with a $459,000 Cigarette boat with 300HP Mercury O/B X3! Now I could go for that boat if it had Yamaha 350HP X3!

yea they are nice boats but the prices are insane me and my wife got on a loaded malibu lsv 23 last weekend at the boat show with a sticker of 108k with almost every option and has 2 full touch screens etc. even talked to the engine engineer for malibu about it for 10 minutes or so and he mentioned that Mercedes Benz uses the exact same touch screen in certain vehicles so imagine the cost of that after warranty is up, my biggest reason for wanting to go axis but it does help i have a dealer 25 minutes from me.

i even mentioned i was more after a t23 and he said same exact same hull same factory built less fancy touch screen etc. 30k less why not

That is just a ton of money for a toy. I don't really get it how anyone affords these things!

As you know, just because someone makes payments on it does not necessarily mean they CAN affoed it.

They are beutiful boats, but out of my comfort zone.

I was doing the same thing last week at our boat show. The advantage I liked on the Nautique was the rear layout. They have a nice cut out or pass through for riders to enter the boat or move to the swim platform. This was the closest to our boats I found in all the wakeboard boats. Now if I just could win the lottery!

V-Drive wake boats are far and away the most popular boats on our local lake and they really can't be beaten for watersports. I am lucky enough to have a friend who recently had an 03 Malibu 23 LSV and recently went with an Axis T22 and can attest to the awesomeness of these boats as wake sports platforms. They really are pretty great all around family boats with roomy layouts, killer audio systems, tons of storage,water-level swim platforms, no exposed props, etc.. Not the best in choppy water and obviously not good for shallow running or pulling up to a beach, though.

I remember getting on some dedicated wake boats last weekend right after checking out the 2015 242ls closer to the front door of the show. The ls is an awesome machine but the touch screen in it is very basic/almost toy like when compared to those of the dedicated wakeboats. Also, in those boats, at least the ones I saw, the dash seemed to be built around the screen whereas the Yamaha screen looks like an after thought, position/location/integration wise. However, as previously mentioned at the yamahas price I could buy two for what most of the dedicated wakeboats are selling for. Plus most of those boats would require a bigger tow vehicle to haul them around.

Plus most of those boats would require a bigger tow vehicle to haul them around.
This is a true statement for sure, that G25 I was talking about is in the 6500 class, plus 1500 for trailer, and another possible 1000 in fuel/equipment/gear. That may be on the high side, but even at 8K, my ride won't like pulling it!

With MC, Malibu, Nautique, Centurion and Ski Supreme dealers directly on our lake - we see lots and lots of wakeboats. I've been on plenty it them.

They are awesome boats for sure, but like all boats, they come with their fair share of pros and cons.
Pros are obvious - they are beautiful - high quality craftmanship. Well thought out interiors , tons of storage. Incredible wakes.

Cons - for starters, the HUGE price. The ride quality on some absolutely sucks, especially the Malibu's and Axis I've been on. MC X25, Centurions, and Supremes ride better than most due to their true deep V. Those G's ride ok simply due to their weight.
Those touch screens are pretty - as long as they work. Software glitches have left my buddies MC dead in the water waiting for a tow. Other buddies Malibu has required several software updates as well to resolve annoying issues (his ballasts had a tendency to fill on their own and not empty, his stereo wouldn't work, the wake wedge would deploy - boat was haunted). That stepthru mentioned on the G - has been a source of swamping when chopping the throttle. Granted you do it once, you won't do it again, but your buddy might do it if he's driving.

That said - I absolutely would love to have one - if I could - there would be a MC X23 in my driveway.

My brother is shopping for 1 right now. We're Going to the boat show next week. He's on the fence - either a fully loaded Moomba Mojo for $70k or a slightly loaded MC X20 for $90k. I don't care which he gets - I just want him to get one. This way someone else can drive and I can have some fun.

I looked at both a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping I would like the Moomba as it has plenty of power and space. I can live without, and honestly prefer, not having the touch screens. The issue was the enterior and build quality. When setting next to a MC it was way out of its league. I have decided to buy used next year. It is amazing how many of these boats will be 3-5 years old with under 50 hours! If you find a 2012 or new they have or can be upgraded to a surf system.

Lots of different approaches, gadgets, gimmicks and shiny parts with wake boats. Picking one as the ultimate is kinda like picking the ultimate sports car...it would be hotly debated! The bar keeps getting raised for sure but so does the price. The fit and finish and subtle design features are amazing sometimes. If you buy at the right time, it's not a rediculous jump from a top of the line Yamaha to a nice wake boat...it just depends on what you like. Nautique has a lot of sizzle, but I don't have a fillet mignoin pocketbook!

I think it just depends on what you are looking for...I started with a SX210 and realized that I wanted more power and water sports features. I ended up getting a fully loaded Axis A24 with a 450 hp engine for $68,000. Granted, it was a dealer demo with 50 or 60 hours on it, but for the price break and every option, I could deal with a few hours on it. I'm getting excited that the spring is fast approaching and I'll get to start surfing soon. My 7 year old son told me he wants to learn how to water ski this upcoming season. I will miss being able to beach my new boat a lot, but I'll just have to drop anchor and get wet for the kids to play.

I think Nautique is the top of the line wake board boat and it shows in their price. I wish I was that well off that I could have multiple boats for different purposes!

Reactions: 007
With MC, Malibu, Nautique, Centurion and Ski Supreme dealers directly on our lake - we see lots and lots of wakeboats. I've been on plenty it them.

They are awesome boats for sure, but like all boats, they come with their fair share of pros and cons.
Pros are obvious - they are beautiful - high quality craftmanship. Well thought out interiors , tons of storage. Incredible wakes.

Cons - for starters, the HUGE price. The ride quality on some absolutely sucks, especially the Malibu's and Axis I've been on. MC X25, Centurions, and Supremes ride better than most due to their true deep V. Those G's ride ok simply due to their weight.
Those touch screens are pretty - as long as they work. Software glitches have left my buddies MC dead in the water waiting for a tow. Other buddies Malibu has required several software updates as well to resolve annoying issues (his ballasts had a tendency to fill on their own and not empty, his stereo wouldn't work, the wake wedge would deploy - boat was haunted). That stepthru mentioned on the G - has been a source of swamping when chopping the throttle. Granted you do it once, you won't do it again, but your buddy might do it if he's driving.

That said - I absolutely would love to have one - if I could - there would be a MC X23 in my driveway.

My brother is shopping for 1 right now. We're Going to the boat show next week. He's on the fence - either a fully loaded Moomba Mojo for $70k or a slightly loaded MC X20 for $90k. I don't care which he gets - I just want him to get one. This way someone else can drive and I can have some fun.

MC X20 for $90k.
UMMM? is that with a Trailer? ...do tell

I looked at both a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping I would like the Moomba as it has plenty of power and space. I can live without, and honestly prefer, not having the touch screens. The issue was the enterior and build quality. When setting next to a MC it was way out of its league. I have decided to buy used next year. It is amazing how many of these boats will be 3-5 years old with under 50 hours! If you find a 2012 or new they have or can be upgraded to a surf system.
MC can only upgrade 1013 or newer...2012 computers are not compatible

MC X20 for $90k.
UMMM? is that with a Trailer? ...do tell

Yep. It's located down the street from me. $90k with trailer. It's actually pretty well loaded.

Went to the boat show on Sunday - my brother is having a tough time deciding between the $90k MC x20 or the $90k Malibu 23LSV.

Back