• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Understanding jet boats and water sports

KrodWhodat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i searched and didnt see anything or maybe didnt type in the right phrase. Can i wakeboard on the back of a 242se limited or do i need something to create a better wake. id like to go aead an order it so my kids can start to learn. also whats the best website to order yamaha stuff from?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i searched and didnt see anything or maybe didnt type in the right phrase. Can i wakeboard on the back of a 242se limited or do i need something to create a better wake. id like to go aead an order it so my kids can start to learn. also whats the best website to order yamaha stuff from?
Wakeboard or wakesurf? Just making sure you're asking what you're looking for. Also, I've had success with wakemakers.com

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wakeboard from my AR 240 all the time ..you can move some people to the rear to make the wake bigger ..the biggest problem with a jet boat is the wash from the impellers in the wake, (the white foamy like water in the pic)2C507871-10E6-43D0-B847-55F829FBA7DD.jpegBE151543-5A31-4ED4-9EB7-3D9F34F6BDF5.jpeg

KrodWhodat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wakeboard or wakesurf? Just making sure you're asking what you're looking for. Also, I've had success with wakemakers.com
wakeboard to start. maybe down the road wakesurf but baby steps. lol

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And if you want to learn how to wakeboard go on youtube and watch shaun murray detention 2012 ..theres a video that teaches how to get up on a wakeboard ..it is the best learning video out there

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, absolutely you can. The wake is better with ballast, but you can do about anything behind these boats. No need for any add-ons to wakeboard.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, absolutely you can. The wake is better with ballast, but you can do about anything behind these boats. No need for any add-ons to wakeboard.
Impressive , nice vid , im still learning ..how long is your rope and what are you finding is a good speed to be pulled at?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wakeboarding speed is dependent on a number of factors: Skill of the rider, weight of the rider, size of the board are the primary ones. With a young kid on a big board I go slow....like 15-16 mph and watch them for thumbs up or down. Skilled riders will go in the low 20's.

I suck and like an 18-20 mph ride....because when you fall on a wake board you come to a quick halt....often on your face!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We don't wakeboard any longer, but do surf. This was 8 years ago with no ballast. We are old and aren't that good. Don't know about the newer models, but we found that the 800 lb bag in the ski locker made a larger cleaner wake. We moved the rope in over time to get on the good part of the wake. This may have been 40-45'.
I think my daughter may have been 8 or 9 here.
I think the older boats have a cleaner wake from what I've seen posted.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
....because when you fall on a wake board you come to a quick halt....often on your face!
I am living proof that @Julian is correct. Your face is a magnet for falls when wakeboarding. 64DE3CC8-E297-4AFF-A94C-F47AD197958A.gif

this was behind my 18ft sea doo. Much smaller boat than yours, which makes your 24ft VERY wakesurf-able.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Impressive , nice vid , im still learning ..how long is your rope and what are you finding is a good speed to be pulled at?
Thanks! It's a sectional Ronix wakeboard rope. I think it's 70 ft, but I'm running in the shortest tow point, which seems to put me in the sweet spot. I'm 37yo 5'10" 195lbs, running 21-22mph on a 142cm Slingshot Pill wakeboard. There place I feel it the most after I ride is in my lats and shoulders, just from being pulled and yanked by the rope.

Just throwing this out there, but your board can make a huge difference in your riding. The modern recommendation for wakeboards is to size up. You'll get up easier, the board will plane easier, get more pop off the wake, and improve your control when landing. There's Slingshot boards are amazing! They have completely changed the way I ride and I enjoy wakeboarding more now than I did in my teens and 20's. I'm progressing in my abilities and having a great time doing it.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am living proof that @Julian is correct. Your face is a magnet for falls when wakeboarding. View attachment 125465

this was behind my 18ft sea doo. Much smaller boat than yours, which makes your 24ft VERY wakesurf-able.
yeesh! I will be wakeboarding next week for the first time in 20 years. Let's see how this goes

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length