• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater Transom LED light opinions wanted

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Looking to add LED underwater transom lights to my boat. Prefer 2 maybe left and right of the center, but due to the transom configuration with the scupper drain, I may have to do 1 over another above the bilge drain, or possibly under the swim platform facing down. Either way this is considered a once and done project, so quality and longevity are my main concerns. I'm less concerned with multi color, App control. I'm targeting blue, preferably dim-able VIA PWM control, and decent intensity as our lakes are cloudy from clay runoff and regional soil content.
So, who has what, how do you like what you have chose, post pics, videos, reviews Etc.

IMG_1082.JPG

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I've ordered a couple of these from boatpluglight.com
Will report back on how they look/work after I install them.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

probably 90% of the boats being produced or underwater lights that you see are made by this company. not cheap but the real deal. i was going to put a couple of the seablaze x2 lights on my boat but now i just ordered a new boat so i am not going to bother.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have Lumitecs on my boat, very solid light, have no concerns about longevity. Our water is anything but clear, and they are quite visible at night.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length

probably 90% of the boats being produced or underwater lights that you see are made by this company. not cheap but the real deal. i was going to put a couple of the seablaze x2 lights on my boat but now i just ordered a new boat so i am not going to bother.
I was looking at those, I like the idea of the Blue/White, the ones I was looking at are only avail in Bronze color, and none of their lights allow third party dimmers. I think this is an area where cost should not be a deal breaker.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Look at the specs on the lumitech ones. Most of theirs dont need anything ither than a switch. They are dimmed or color changed by just turning them off and on in a certain way. Just need an on/off switch and nothing else. The stuff is all built into the light. That may only be certain ones though. You will need to investigate further. They are made from solid bronze. Not cheap though. Usually 300-$600 per light

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm having two Shadow-Caster SCM-10-CC's installed on the port/starboard side of the transom. They will be wired into my Wet Sounds MC-1 Head Unit which also has a 4 zone LED controller and has a digital display for the light control. You will be hard pressed to find a better underwater light; however, they are on the more expensive side of the spectrum at $600 to $650.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think Lumitec products very good, it’s much more expensive than other options but it comes with many additional features. It has multiple color modes that allow it to shine in white, green, blue, and white/blue with both strobe and crossfade modes.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
You ordered a "Couple", do you have more than one drain plug?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
You ordered a "Couple", do you have more than one drain plug?
Yes. The single engine 195 has two drain plugs , one on each side of the nozzel, whereas the twin engine models have only one between both nozzels.

BHudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In Arizona blue lights displayed on a recreational boat are not legal according to ARS 5-333 F. The statute uses the term "display", so I'm not sure if this refers to accent lighting inside the boat or just lights visible outside the boat...or both.

I have six red Rock Lights used as accent lights inside my AR240 and two Lumitec lights on the transom below the water line which I can change color. I have called game and fish and spoke with two officers who patrol our lakes and they said any color besides blue is fine.

Attachments

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I actually haven't done anything yet with lights.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread but I’m looking to add rock lights under my swim platform on my ar250 and stumbled across this thread. These photos and videos look awesome so now I’m thinking I just need drain plug lights. Did anyone end up mounting led rock lights under their swim deck or just drain plug lights? Thanks for the ideas.