• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

UPDATE!! Seaweed, Lights and Bilge question...

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So just to update you all on the Seaweed situation here in the beautiful Florida Keys. Still dealing with it depending on the day and how the wind is blowing, our house is on the Ocean side so if get an East wind all the seaweed washes in from the Ocean and opposite wind gives us beautiful clear water.

The courtesy lights and the spreader lights are complete and they look amazing, I installed 4 LED lights one in the closed glove box on the helm, one in the compartment that has the cigarette lighter and USB connectors and 2 on the top part of the foot rest. I also changed the 2 existing factory courtesy lights to blue LEDs and added a second pair to the bottom of the helm towards the bow, and lastly installed a 15ft LED strip under each gunwale, all the lights run off the Courtesy light switch.

Installed 3 LED lights on the T Top, one facing towards the Transom and 2 facing the Bow.

While running this weekend I noticed the auto bilge was working a lot, especially when I was running fast. Anyone experience this issue with the 210?

Thanks,210 Lights.jpg 210 Lights 2.jpg

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
About the water in the bilge. See if you are getting blow by with your clean out plugs.

Dave1949

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had some water in the bilge the first few times out. I very seldom get any water in the bilge now, also the bilge pump never kicked on until I put water in the bilge to test it. Are the clean out plug chambers full when you come in?

Dave1949

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The lights look great!!

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had some water in the bilge the first few times out. I very seldom get any water in the bilge now, also the bilge pump never kicked on until I put water in the bilge to test it. Are the clean out plug chambers full when you come in?
One is the other one is not, spoke to a fellow jet boater earlier and he thinks that water is leaking into my bilge, you concur?

Dave1949

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It could be, if you could swap the plugs it might tell you something, if you had enough blowby to kick on the bilge pumps then I would think you would see water coming out from under the cleanout plug access hatch. You can pull the cover between the cleanouts and see if water is leaking in when the engines are off,

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I opened up the aft larger access cover, tightened all the hose clamps I could find. Some are kind of hidden. Found a hose was missing from the live well air pump to the breather hole, replaced it. Added a thicker gasket to the larger access cover and reinstalled it. Then before closing up the removable smaller access cover, tighten the top hose clamps to the access plugs. Be sure to slide them up high enough to get a good bite on the cover flanges. With that, I have no water draining out after a day on the water.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I opened up the aft larger access cover, tightened all the hose clamps I could find. Some are kind of hidden. Found a hose was missing from the live well air pump to the breather hole, replaced it. Added a thicker gasket to the larger access cover and reinstalled it. Then before closing up the removable smaller access cover, tighten the top hose clamps to the access plugs. Be sure to slide them up high enough to get a good bite on the cover flanges. With that, I have no water draining out after a day on the water.
Thank you Frank will get in there tomorrow and start, doing the QC for Yamaha....LOL

Nctinter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Next time pick a better vacation home. Unfortunately I deal with the floating sea grass here too in the gulf. But only for a short period of time it seems and when you get up to speed it usually cuts right through it. You got a good boat there. This won't happen every time you take it out

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Excuse me for the terms l will use here since im not familiar with the parts of the boat... but... the water intake protector if we can call it like that... in our boats (fsh) has a middle transversal stick making an H.... today l saw a Yamaha regular jet-boat, and the part only has 2 long protectors making a II instead of a H... i get a lot of seaweed in the middle of it.. and my speed slows down too much! i loose 10 mph easily when there is seaweed there.... tomorrow I will be removing that part to make it a II instead of an H and will report back...

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Next time pick a better vacation home. Unfortunately I deal with the floating sea grass here too in the gulf. But only for a short period of time it seems and when you get up to speed it usually cuts right through it. You got a good boat there. This won't happen every time you take it out
“Good” is relative and a bit of a stretch

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Excuse me for the terms l will use here since im not familiar with the parts of the boat... but... the water intake protector if we can call it like that... in our boats (fsh) has a middle transversal stick making an H.... today l saw a Yamaha regular jet-boat, and the part only has 2 long protectors making a II instead of a H... i get a lot of seaweed in the middle of it.. and my speed slows down too much! i loose 10 mph easily when there is seaweed there.... tomorrow I will be removing that part to make it a II instead of an H and will report back...
I am having the same exact problem, riding along great at 7200 WOT and as soon as I hit a weed patch my RPMs drop dramatically and I lose 10 to 12 MPH. Were you able to make the change, and if so did it help?

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
With all due respect Nctinter, I have no plans of changing my life style for a boat, it needs to be the other way around, the boat has to work for my lifestyle, not to mention that I "own" my vacation home in the Keys, so I think the boat would go before I sell my house.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
With all due respect Nctinter, I have no plans of changing my life style for a boat, it needs to be the other way around, the boat has to work for my lifestyle, not to mention that I "own" my vacation home in the Keys, so I think the boat would go before I sell my house.
The issue is never the boat...its always something else's fault. The blind Yamaha loyalty is veracious!

SMH

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am having the same exact problem, riding along great at 7200 WOT and as soon as I hit a weed patch my RPMs drop dramatically and I lose 10 to 12 MPH. Were you able to make the change, and if so did it help?
I will do it tomorrow and do a few runs and see how it behaves...

I will let you know....

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Reporting back... removed the part that connects the two II no more H... and boat is faster and not even one time had to stop for seaweed...... very pleased!