• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Updated my F150 headlights and fog lights to LED!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got my new LED headlights and fog lights in today for my F150 and it really updated the look for a more modern appearance. These are much brighter than my oem HID’s were and have a nice cutoff. I need to adjust them up and then I’ll post a nice driving video. The LED DRL’s are super bright when the lights are off and then dim. I rly when the Peking lights are on. You’ll see in the video :D

I do have an issue with the driver side headlight that will likely need to replace the headlight since it’s all controlled by a board. Overall pretty impressed with the headlights

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Cool looking - headlights have the box look like my Ram. I like the audi-like sweep of the blinker.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my 2016 F150 had VERY sh*ty lights. Switching from incandescent to LED running lights made all the difference in the word.

Yours looks cool though.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got my new LED headlights and fog lights in today for my F150 and it really updated the look for a more modern appearance. These are much brighter than my oem HID’s were and have a nice cutoff. I need to adjust them up and then I’ll post a nice driving video. The LED DRL’s are super bright when the lights are off and then dim. I rly when the Peking lights are on. You’ll see in the video :D

I do have an issue with the driver side headlight that will likely need to replace the headlight since it’s all controlled by a board. Overall pretty impressed with the headlights

Nice.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got my driver side headlight high beam working. The issue was a bent pin in the connector.

Here are some pictures of the lights on. I’ll post a video soon driving with them to give you an idea of how they look while going down the road.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is a video driving down the road at night. Really nice output and light distribution.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My XB Hybrids arrived today! WOOT! My fogs will be here tomorrow. Need to replace some of the other lights with LEDs still, but this is a good start. I rarely drive at night, so it has been on the back burner. Had a buddy who installed the Morimoto XB Hybrids on his BIL's truck this week and with the blackfriday sale was hard to pass up. Technically getting them for Christmas, so I'll have to wait to install them.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was |..| that close to putting the Morimoto setup in my '15 Sierra a few weeks ago. Just couldn't stomach the $800 price tag to get HIDs into the headlamps and fog lamps. Truck already has projector lenses, and it's pretty much a direct fit installation, but the price tag was more than I was willing to spend.

The Audi A4 I had for a few years was equipped with quite possibly the BEST lights I've ever driven with. Had a great color, and excellent cutoff. Best part was they were adaptive, so they would literally turn with the steering wheel and speed. Would also raise and lower with acceleration and deceleration. New headlight assembly was a shade over $2,500 if you broke it (or crashed), but WOW those lights were amazing.

Loved the startup calibration it did as well. Always fun to watch!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used to be heavy into the HID project retrofit scene. Had many different HID projectors over a decade worth of fooling around with them. My favorite retrofit was my previous Toyota Highlander where I retrofitted Lexus LS430 projectors into the housings. Those projectors are crazy wide as they had a specialt reflector made underneath the projector that would throw extra light to the sides to create a super wiiiiiiide light output. I also swapped out the stock LS430 fresnel projector lenses for some BMW E30 euro clear lenses. Tuned the focal distance using spaces to create a super sharp and very even light output. Sure do miss that setup when I sold the vehicle!

F1196F0F-6832-4DF8-94AC-34178EEB4E76.jpegD5A30557-D9C5-419D-874C-CC7E145B0E38.jpegF7D49C89-A7CE-4EF1-BDB6-14D4B76BE93C.jpeg16A6EBAC-1ADA-40FB-B277-166CACF5CABD.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was |..| that close to putting the Morimoto setup in my '15 Sierra a few weeks ago. Just couldn't stomach the $800 price tag to get HIDs into the headlamps and fog lamps. Truck already has projector lenses, and it's pretty much a direct fit installation, but the price tag was more than I was willing to spend.

The Audi A4 I had for a few years was equipped with quite possibly the BEST lights I've ever driven with. Had a great color, and excellent cutoff. Best part was they were adaptive, so they would literally turn with the steering wheel and speed. Would also raise and lower with acceleration and deceleration. New headlight assembly was a shade over $2,500 if you broke it (or crashed), but WOW those lights were amazing.

Loved the startup calibration it did as well. Always fun to watch!
They were on sale a good bit during black friday this year. I got mine for $640 with free shipping. I struggled with the original XB's as they were $1400+, and factory was closer to $2k. $640 was a lot more palatable.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Drove around tonight some more and really loving these lights. LED’s have come a long way!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They were on sale a good bit during black friday this year. I got mine for $640 with free shipping. I struggled with the original XB's as they were $1400+, and factory was closer to $2k. $640 was a lot more palatable.
Yea, I saw they were having a sale. Still a bunch of cash. If I had my Christmas bonus in hand on Black Friday and still needed bulbs I probably would have splurged.

With that said, I'm going through headlights at a rate of a pair of bulbs every 13mo or so. $65 for the Silverstar Ultras (only $5/pair more than a basic Sylvania bulb). Still take me 10 years to break even on the HID's.

Of course who really buys truck/boat mods because it makes financial sense right?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Both me and my wife have factory LEDs on our Jeeps they are great except for in the winter when it snows. The way the Jeep's headlights are shaped they collect snow and the LEDs don't produce enough heat to melt the snow. I've had to pull over to clean my headlights a bunch of times.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed the Morimoto XB units in our 2017 f150 a couple years ago along with the LED fog lights. They are great. So much better than the halogens.

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea, I saw they were having a sale. Still a bunch of cash. If I had my Christmas bonus in hand on Black Friday and still needed bulbs I probably would have splurged.

With that said, I'm going through headlights at a rate of a pair of bulbs every 13mo or so. $65 for the Silverstar Ultras (only $5/pair more than a basic Sylvania bulb). Still take me 10 years to break even on the HID's.

Of course who really buys truck/boat mods because it makes financial sense right?
Ain't that the truth! I splurged as last month I hit the max for paying SS Tax, so I got a little pay raise for Nov/Dec. LOL! Figured I'd toss them under the tree and anyone that wanted to chip in I could say they were from them. MIL tossed my wife some money, so I handed her the box when they came in. Win/Win situation for me. I did go ahead and replace my fogs with LEDs and now they're brighter than my old halogen headlights. Why a truck that costs what these do only come with halogens is beyond me.
20201205_084606.jpg

20201205_090516.jpg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ain't that the truth! I splurged as last month I hit the max for paying SS Tax, so I got a little pay raise for Nov/Dec. LOL! Figured I'd toss them under the tree and anyone that wanted to chip in I could say they were from them. MIL tossed my wife some money, so I handed her the box when they came in. Win/Win situation for me. I did go ahead and replace my fogs with LEDs and now they're brighter than my old halogen headlights. Why a truck that costs what these do only come with halogens is beyond me.
View attachment 138287

View attachment 138288
So they can get you up to plat or king ranch trim

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 138287

View attachment 138288
When you decide to change the lights to LEDs make sure you do the low beam and the high beam at the same time. Taking the assembly off is a major pain in the ass, so do them both. You won’t believe the difference. When I changed mine, I regret it for not having it done sooner.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When you decide to change the lights to LEDs make sure you do the low beam and the high beam at the same time. Taking the assembly off is a major pain in the ass, so do them both. You won’t believe the difference. When I changed mine, I regret it for not having it done sooner.
I'm replacing the housings entirely with Morimoto XB Hybrids. So won't have to worry so much about the bulbs themselves for the headlights.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So they can get you up to plat or king ranch trim
Yup. I was looking at the new 2021 F150’s and you have to get into the Lariat trim before you can get LED reflector headlights. Then there’s also the optional LED projector package you can option for on that trim that is provided as standard on the Platinum and KR trims. Really like the new F150 but I like not having a truck payment better. Our next big financial move I getting out of our garden home and then a year or two later I plan to get a new or slightly used newer truck.

My wife’s Honda CRV has nice LED reflector headlights that perform pretty good and I compared my Morimoto xb’s to them and they throw much more light than my wife’s LED’s. Really happy with them now that I’ve dialed in the aiming.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup. I was looking at the new 2021 F150’s and you have to get into the Lariat trim before you can get LED reflector headlights. Then there’s also the optional LED projector package you can option for on that trim that is provided as standard on the Platinum and KR trims. Really like the new F150 but I like not having a truck payment better. Our next big financial move I getting out of our garden home and then a year or two later I plan to get a new or slightly used newer truck.

My wife’s Honda CRV has nice LED reflector headlights that perform pretty good and I compared my Morimoto xb’s to them and they throw much more light than my wife’s LED’s. Really happy with them now that I’ve dialed in the aiming.

I was sold on the LED, when my 2016 Prius LED sitting at bumper level of my F150 were significantly better than my truck lights sitting above my waste. Our 2019 CRV come with halogen, but I switched to LEDs and that was helpful too. But the difference was not the same as the truck. the F150 really sucked