• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrade to 2020 SVHO 160mm pump

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder if it would be a noticeable improvement, worth $420. Thoughts?
Upgrade your pump to the new 2020 SVHO pump setup (true 160mm)
Doubt it...more performance would probably come from the SVHO cooler, boost pressure, etc. Putting a bigger pump in is like a bigger prop on a regular O/B or I/O, you need the power to turn it or your low end loses out. You should contact the pros who do mods:

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC
@Green Hulk

Also the gang at RivaRacing I think.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if it would be a noticeable improvement, worth $420. Thoughts?
Upgrade your pump to the new 2020 SVHO pump setup (true 160mm)
If you have the time to work on it, too. I would say totally worth it, if you can do a lot of the shaft /bearing swap work yourself. Otherwise just the wear ring and impeller will get you almost the same results, like this from WFO:
Guys - there is crazy good writeup on the 192 mod project by YJB (old forum) member erj1452002 is posting there. AWESOME!!!

The way the WFO is doing his mods, he has surpassed a stock 195 performance already. Amazing.

What is amazing is they machined a lot of the parts to convert a standard 192 Yamaha 155mm pump into a 160mm impeller and wear ring, even managed to leave the "old" stator and transom plate. Must have redrilled the openings for the water channel, and the transom plate is beautifully tapered.
EDIT: never mind, they seemed to have bypassed the channel altogether.

The whole pump "blueprinting" is the work of art!

Also check out the cold air intake! The whole project is just freaking beautiful. Check it out!!!

Check it out:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/wfoperforma ... 1174084484

Too bad I'm not on facebook, I had to hack into wife's account to view your project. It is worth it but I am going to be in so much $hit when she find out.

He also posted some on instagram:
WFO Performance (@wfoperformance) • Instagram photos and videos

And on the old site:
Yamaha Jet Boaters • Login

--