• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrading MFI trailer to Fulton F2 Trailer Jack

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The F2 Jack comes in bolt-on and weld-on versions. I used the bolt-on version. It comes with two sets of U bolts to attach to the trailer. The size that fit the height of my trailer was too long to fit. My solution was to remove the factory jack and install the F2 over its mount. Doing so required cutting slots for the U bolts to fit through near the corners and cutting off the bolt that held the factory jack in place.

I started by jacking the tongue of the trailer up high and lowering it on to a 6x6 which I used as a jack stand while replacing the jack. Then I used a 3/4" wrench and a hammer to remove the nut that held the factory jack in place. Once it was off I held the new jack up to the factory mount and marked the areas that I would need to cut out to mount over the original weld-on mount. I used an angle grinder to remove material in these four areas until the U bolts fit. Then I cut the bolt that held factory jack out of the center of the factory mount leaving a flat surface to mount the F2 to.

This is a picture of the mount after grinding.

F2MountCut.jpg

I plan to dismount the jack in the near future and use some galvanizing spray to cover the areas that were exposed.

Before installing I adjusted the height of the F2 Jack. This is done by loosening a large allen bolt and a 3/4 bolt on the back side. In test fitting I found that they default setting did not allow the F2 to lift the trailer high enough to be above the ball on my truck.

This is the jack installed

F2Mounted.jpg

The F2 Jack makes it much easier to roll the boat around in the garage. My main reason for replacing the factory jack was corrosion that was likely due to salt water exposure.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great write up Bruce, I did the same mod last year but would have had a hard time describing its steps as well as you just did.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ima have to change mine soon, when I have mine parked I jack it all the way up so any rain that gets in will run out the back. Friday while lowering it to the ball the crank stopped all a sudden and the wheel was trying to turn when I tried to force it. I could go back up a little ways so I took the cover off and sprayed a bunch of FluidFilm in it then I tried cranking it down and up until it loosened enough to get it hooked up. I'm sure my screw in there is rusty.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you ordered the same Fulton Jack that the factory uses it would be simple to remove the 3/4 nut holding the Jack to the weld-on mount then install the new one.

I like the easier rolling of the F2.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce How much more height can you get by adjusting with the Allen bolt?

I installed a F2 on a Mastercraft trailer and need more height. I guess that I didn't read the instructions well enough!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably a foot or more.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just upgraded to the F2 winch and love it.

FYI you will need a 15 millimeter deep socket wrench to take your factory winch off.

Edit sorry this is about the trailer jack. I thought it was the winch thread!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mark_m, the price seems high on that one. If I was going to spend that much I would go ahead and get a F2.

The factory mount is welded on. I believe you could remove the nut in the middle of the factory jack and in most if not all non F2 Fulton jacks to combine the new jack with the factory mount.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mark_m, the price seems high on that one. If I was going to spend that much I would go ahead and get a F2.

The factory mount is welded on. I believe you could remove the nut in the middle of the factory jack and in most if not all non F2 Fulton jacks to combine the new jack with the factory mount.
Thanks @Bruce. I'm not sure I need the F2 extra wheeling capabilities, my driveway is on an incline so the extra maneuverability of the paired wheels is a must for me. Can someone direct me to part number that I can key on for a straight replacement?

Thanks

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a link to MFI's parts page. The stock fulton is on the page but without pricing. I think you will have to call for it but they might be cool enough to just tell you the part number. You referenced paired wheels which makes me think of the two wheel F2. That is not stock equipment on MFI trailers and as others have stated, as far as I know if you want that one you will either have to go with the U bolts or the weld on mount. I modified my stock mount like Bruce did but with a dremel instead of an air tool. It was a 15 minute job max. Even if I knew how to weld I would use the U bolts because they are cheaper and easier to use.

http://www.mfitrailers.com/partsdept.htm

Last edited:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The change to this jack is going to be an upcoming projects for me. The 19" boats are lite enough to easily push around, but my existing wheel does not like to swivel. I think this jack will cure that issue.