• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrading to Wet Sounds System

Fred M

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience adding a Wet Sounds WS 420 SQ to their Yamaha AR240 or similar boat with the Connext and P4A4 head unit? Does everything work when you hook up the 420 to the pre amp RCA conectors Yamaha gives you? Does everything control off the Connext still?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good question...might look into adding one for the control, if its plug and play that would be great.

Bump

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm thinking @OperationROL added one to his 2015 LS. Maybe he can provide some info.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience adding a Wet Sounds WS 420 SQ to their Yamaha AR240 or similar boat with the Connext and P4A4 head unit? Does everything work when you hook up the 420 to the pre amp RCA conectors Yamaha gives you? Does everything control off the Connext still?
You will use RCA outputs from the black box or the HU unit - now will go to the 420. The 420 will now become your master volume control and all pre-outs to the amplifiers will be fed from the 420. This will allow to set the volume level on the Connext to set level and virtually "forget it". The 420 is now your multi-zone volume control. Volume will need to be set and changed for the independent zones by the 420.

--

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm thinking @OperationROL added one to his 2015 LS. Maybe he can provide some info.
The short answer is yes, if you connect the 420 to the RCAs from the head unit, everything will work. The Connext is just another remote to the radio. Hooking up the 420 will not change how it works. The only thing that changes is you just introduced another area to control volume and tone. The head unit, whether controlled by Connext or the swimdeck remote will serve as a master volume that I usually set at 80% and leave alone FOREVER. I now use the WS to control the volume. Same for tone. I set the head unit to 0 treble, 0 base and totally balanced and I control the tone through the WS settings.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 420sq and would not go without! Great addition to any system IMO

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
During my testing with SMD tuner, The connect can go 100% volume without no distortion for highs 97% subs added. Now the rest is all about what application you using to play music. For me I use Bluetooth with the same results.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The good thing about the 420 is you can find and tune the main volume and leave that set. That way when you change volume on your music player or connect, it does not affect distortion much as long as you know what volume level everything distorts at.