• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

USA USA USA

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
USA VS GHA
GO USA

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was a huge win!!! I just wish they would've kept Donovan on the team.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well done USA, I'm behind you all the way. Unlike England :(, waste of space, bunch of jumped up, over paid, pre madonnas :mad:.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic match, Jermaine Jones's goal has gotta be goal of the tournament so far!

Gutted with the late goal, but USA really are a team with passion. Interesting next match against Germany, wonder who Klinsmann will be rooting for :rolleyes:, gonna be a tough one guys but you can do it......[flag].

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thursday night will be a nail biter! US can advance with a Win or a Draw. If they lose, they could still advance, especially if Portugal wins vs Ghana (as they have a much lower goal differential). So both games are very important!!!

From ABC's summary:

Here are the scenarios:
  • The United States advances with a win or draw vs. Germany
  • If the United States tops Germany, it will advance as the winners of Group G and play the second-place team from Group H (which includes Belgium, Algeria, Russia and South Korea)
  • If the United States and Germany draw, Germany wins the group and the United States finishes second. The result of the other game is meaningless.
  • If Ghana and Portugal draw, the United States and Germany advance.
  • If Germany wins, Germany wins the group. The United States would finish second unless Ghana or Portugal won and passed the United States on goal differential. Team USA is plus 1, Ghana is minus 1 and Portugal is minus 4. So if the United States loses, it will be rooting for Portugal, because it’s less likely that Portugal could pass the United States on goal differential.
  • If the United States loses and Ghana wins, Ghana would qualify if either game is decided by a margin of two goals or more. If the United States loses by one goal, Ghana would need to win by two goals or be involved in a higher-scoring one-goal win. For instance, a 1-0 score in both games would send the United States through. But if Team USA loses 1-0, then Ghana would need to win at least 2-1 to qualify on goals scored.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That last goal was so heartbreaking. :(

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think colonel Klink and the German coach should meet for beers and agree to a tie!! Each score a goal or two to make it interesting aNd just move on!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think colonel Klink and the German coach should meet for beers and agree to a tie!! Each score a goal or two to make it interesting aNd just move on!!
Just wander out to mid-field with a bunch of beer steins and sit and drink for 90 minutes? :winkingthumbsup":cigar:

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Half time 0-0...Good game so far! (not being sarcastic) LOL

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They made it!!! They survived the "Group of Death".

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a twenty minute conversation with the guy in the grocery store last night over soccer. Seems we agree that we both like it, but not enough to learn the scoring system.

And I'm sure I've heard it explained, but the adding on time thing throws me for a loop. I just sit there and keep watchin'..."Honey, they added 10 minutes, so I'll be here a bit longer than I thought".

I'm glad we got through to the sweet sixteen, oh wait, final 16? Anyway, we get another chance to ...er...not score!!! YAY!

USA USA USA USA

I Know...

0eb23dfd7388dcecacc70ef8302a1c953603df5c89c37d10b0da4fb9436b48b8.jpg

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on Glassman, it's not rocket science, if Soccer stars can work it out, anybody can.

It's the penalties that gets you, I can't watch:inpain:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on Glassman, it's not rocket science, if Soccer stars can work it out, anybody can.

It's the penalties that gets you, I can't watch:inpain:
I KNOW....I played 'Murican football as a kid - it's known as Pee Wee League here in the States - full contact from age 7 to around 12 or 13 when I started junior high school. They didn't have full contact football in grades 7 thru 9, which I thought was lame, so I played soccer for two years prior to varsity football grades 10 thru 12. It was fantastic conditioning and really got me in shape. Very much like Lacrosse which I played in junior and senior high school.

So I have a real appreciation for the game and the players. But when I played it was pretty straight forward scoring wise.

And yes, the acting that takes place on the field can be hilarious and frustrating at the same time. Although I'm surprised that the biting incident didn't end up in a brawl....that's a good way to get permanent dentures where I come from.:mad:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The extra time is usually due to that acting that goes on! Ref adds that onto the clock so one team can't keep acting hurt and burn off the clock. It would be nice if they'd just sync the ref clock with the stadium clock....it wouldn't be hard.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length