• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Used this today to remove adhesive on swim deck

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All, just wanted to share that i used this today to remove adhesive on the swim deck to prep it for my new seadek. It worked amazingly well. I would advise a corded drill instead of the cordless I used as I had to wait for the battery to recharge twice. All told it problem took less than 30 minutes using the drill to get all the glue off.

AES Industries 51823 4" Smart Eraser Pad with Drill Adapter Arbor (Made in USA) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00488DDB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mGCZybH3MTG81

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup the erasers work good on a corded drill. We used these when I did car detail to remove pin stripes. It would eat up the vinyl and adhesive no problem. Do not touch it though as it gets hot!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the 3m version of this on mine as well was a whole let easier then scraping it all off.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was going to get the 3m version but it was almost triple the price on Amazon. I was worried this one wouldn't be as good but it seemed to work really well.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dadgummit! Wish I would have known about this before last season. Took a couple different days, Goo Gone, and a pressure washer to get all my adhesive off.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have to use anything else? Chemicals or solvent or anything? I've never seen one of these eraser pads so I'm not entirely sure how they work. But I just ordered one! Just need to know if I should go ahead and get some adhesive remover while I'm at it.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I will use a little bit of goo gone and a brush to get any light stuff, just a quick scrub and rinse. But this took off 95% of it

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday after work I suited up in some crumb-o clothes and grabbed my putty knife, my new eraser pad, various bottles of adhesive remover, a bucket full of warm soapy water, and a brush and headed to the garage. I used the putty knife to start pulling up a corner of the swim deck hydroturf, then I grabbed it with my hands and pulled it up. It came right up. Minimal adhesive was left. I thought to myself there is no way it's that easy, but sure enough - all of the sections came off that easy. Guess I got lucky! I've got a few more messy things to do, then it'll be time for my new SeaDek!

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine came off in full pieces with me pulling while a second person ran a putty knife at the edge as I pulled. I still had qite a bit of adhesive though left behind. I am planning on getting my seadek installed tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it looks.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Post some pics! I remember you mentioning you keep your boat at Lake Cumberland. Do you have it home for the winter or something? If so, I better see ya out on Caesar Creek soon!

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are heading to the cabin down there tomorrow morning early, my wife is going to work on spring cleaning the cabin while I work on the seadek. I will post some picks for sure.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha. Have fun!

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is great news, I have replaced the hydroturf on 2 previous Yami's but haven't on my current one just because of the hassle of getting the old off, Thanks for the tip!!

Brian Long

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I had to do this last weekend to get prepared for my GatorStep and after some research, interestingly enough, I found that Easy Off oven cleaner worked like a charm. No harm to the fiberglass at all and softened up the hard glue residue after about 45 min to the point that I could wipe of rather easily. The stuff that remained came off with Acetone.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just removed the letters and logo from the side of my boat (pitted from salt it appears)

The eraser wheel was a dream. At the moment I was using it I could not recall the name of the OP, but I was thinking of you with a big grin on how much work you had saved me with this info. 30 minutes of manual labor for each letter could have been a thing, but with this tool it was just a few seconds, and BAM, all clean. (Heat gun hit prior, then floss, the gunk left over to clean, that is where the wheel shined.)

Bthessel,
THANKS!!!

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took the boat out with some friends yesterday. I knew we'd be spending a lot of time in the cove floating around and swimming, so I packed some tools and some cleaning supplies with intentions of doing some light work and cleaning while no one is looking. I packed my drill with this eraser attachment because I've been wanting (but dreading) getting the remaining hydroturf adhesive off from the swim platform and anchor locker door to prep for my SeaDek. This attachment is awesome! It took little effort and time to get the adhesive off. I actually found a slower speed on the drill with moderate pressure works best. Too little force leaves yellow crayon-looking marks. They just wipe off, though. But this attachment is great. My friends were so impressed, they wanted to try. Needless to say, I ended up not having to do much work since they all wanted to try it out! I also had some sloppy caulk work (actually 3M 4200) from filling the carpet snap screw holes. This cleaned that up, too. Thanks for the recommendation, @bthessel - and I completely concur. Now, finally time for the SeaDek install!