• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Using BB Codes to link to threads or posts

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Each thread and post have a unique thread or post number.

For example the URL for the Preparing for Bimini thread is https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800// The 3800 number is the thread number.

Clicking the #2 at the top of the second post in the thread reveals that the URL for that post is https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/#post-64515. 64515 is the post number.

Using BB code I can link to the thread via

Code:
[Thread=3800]Preparing for Bimini[/Thread]
Which appears as

Preparing for Bimini

or I can link to the second post via

Code:
[Post=64515]Preparing For Bimini[/Post]
Which appears as

Preparing For Bimini

Using these types of links has an advantage of stability, that the link should never break and looks better than the URL itself.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just to clarify, I understand the concept of the numbering but not what "BB" is,

when you click on the number of the post, you then copy the shortcut, go to your newly created post and choose "insert link" off the tool bar, it opens a window for you to paste the URL and in the box below you free form whatever text you want the readers to see

testing BB link

Did I do that the long way (not that it was long) or was that the correct method?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I use the numbers but only as a means to grab the full url, I then use the Chain Icon in the post header to embed the link. No need to learn BB code/HTML that way.

Long press the number, copy link address, click on Chain button, paste url, then type your link title.

As an example