• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Using existing speaker wire

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks to the advice from this site, I bought the Wetsounds HT-4 Amp and was mailed the HTX-4 Amp instead! I want to upgrade my stock Polk db651's to the MM651UM's and wanted to know if I can use the existing speaker wires. Also does anybody know if the MM polk's will fit in the existing hole? Thanks

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks to the advice from this site, I bought the Wetsounds HT-4 Amp and was mailed the HTX-4 Amp instead! I want to upgrade my stock Polk db651's to the MM651UM's and wanted to know if I can use the existing speaker wires. Also does anybody know if the MM polk's will fit in the existing hole? Thanks
You guys are killing me! That's 3 or 4 of you that ordered the HT-4 and got the upgrade. I guess I should have ordered it when I saw it. Anyway....congrats on that.

As far as speakers go, mine fit in the existing holes but not sure if the 2016 have the same size...I think so but not 100%. I used my existing speaker wire and added some cheapo wire for my new transom speakers.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oops, just saw you are replacing the db651's. Then yes the mm651um's will fit.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not familiar with that Amp, or how many channels it has, but are you planning on replacing all 6 factory speakers and running off the amp? The rear swim platform speakers, and the rear cabin speakers are wired together in series. I just replaced all my db651's with JL's, and added two additional cabin speakers. I ran all new 14awg wiring to each speaker. I did this so each speaker would have it's dedicated channel on an 8 channel amp. I don't think you need to do the whole boat, and if I could start over I probably wouldn't. Maybe just the rear swim platform, and rear cabin to bypass the factory series wiring. It was a pain in the @$$ to run 130' of new wire!

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not familiar with that Amp, or how many channels it has, but are you planning on replacing all 6 factory speakers and running off the amp? The rear swim platform speakers, and the rear cabin speakers are wired together in series. I just replaced all my db651's with JL's, and added two additional cabin speakers. I ran all new 14awg wiring to each speaker. I did this so each speaker would have it's dedicated channel on an 8 channel amp. I don't think you need to do the whole boat, and if I could start over I probably wouldn't. Maybe just the rear swim platform, and rear cabin to bypass the factory series wiring. It was a pain in the @$$ to run 130' of new wire!
Thanks for the advice! Were you able to use the existing wiring to pull the new wires through?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Emmett no, left existing wiring where it is. Used the fish tape below. $8.99 at harbor freight and worked great.

image.png