• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vacationing at Hilton Head SC

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sunday we put the boat in at the ramp by the 278 bridge we rented a slip at Skull Creek Marina for the week. Third time out with the boat so we did have some navigational issues . I don't have gps but reviewing charts and taking pictures of them before leaving was huge but I should have reviewed that info with more people than just me . I can see how you can get into trouble quickly. It all worked out but what should have been a 15 min ride ended up being 3 hours ! I now can say I know the area quite well. Scratched the decal on the port side along the ramp dock too. So much was learned Sunday...

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We stay at the Disney resort on Hilton Head every year.....never with the boat though. Love that place. Take the family to Low Country Backyard for dinner one night when they have live music. Good food......Great atmosphere. Very laid back and chill. Salty Dogs is a must as well, but if you choose to eat outside beware of the bugs!

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We went out to eat at the Skull Creek Boathouse tonight and I notice there were three Yamaha 242's docked. Looked like GA registration on one. Anybody from the forum?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Install the free or $10 Navoinics USA map on your phone and you will have excellent mapping with GPS. I used it for years before I bought a plotter and still have it on all our phones as a backup.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love HHI! We have a house in Savannah Great place to be !!

Scott Logan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR 230,

I frequent Skull Creek Boat House...
Food, atmosphere, and the ride over from Beaufort make for a great day or night trip...

Haven't seen a lot of jetboats in the area... But I'll keep an eye out for ya's