• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VeVe Guides question

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Going to break down and install some VeVe guides for the trailer. My wife keeps accidentally cross-loading the boat across the frame while loading and it's only a matter of time until the bottom of the boat gets a nice scratch or gouge from hitting the trailer.

Looking at VeVe's website, I'm going to buy the 65" height guides. Will the standard mounting brackets work with my '17 212X's Shoreland'r trailer? My boat is at home and I can't get to it for measuring it at this time.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recommend calling Veve. I am not familiar with your trailer so I can't comment but some one else might be. I love my Veve guides. I added Smith lights to the tops and they look great. Get some pads to so your boat doesn't hit the pvc guide.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have had Ve-Ve's for 9 seasons. Consider them a sacrificial item that you will have to replace someday. I also recommend what @jetboater4life says about getting some pads.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I measured and ordered stuff yesterday. Stock brackets and bolts should work just fine.

My wife has been having a devil of a time getting the boat to easily load onto the trailer and then controlling it in reverse when it misalignes. I think I should have got this a while ago.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I measured and ordered stuff yesterday. Stock brackets and bolts should work just fine.

My wife has been having a devil of a time getting the boat to easily load onto the trailer and then controlling it in reverse when it misalignes. I think I should have got this a while ago.
Just checking... Did the stock parts work for your 2017 212x trailer? I’m planning to add the 65” VeVe guides to my 2019 212x trailer but can’t measure until I get it out of storage this spring.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After installing these a couple times, I can tell you, if you need longer bolts, they are nothing special and can be picked up at any hardware store quickly. You will have no issues at all.