• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VHF Radio and Antenna Placement

Chadharter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm getting ready to install a VHF Marine radio and antenna and I'm curious as to where all of you mounted yours, both radio and antenna. I don't have enough room to flush mount on the main surface because my Lowrance Elite 7ti takes up most of the room. I'm thinking either on top or down below in the little cubby on the right. Really curious to see some pics of your install if you'll share. Thanks in advance.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know your 190 is laid out a bit differently but this is what I did on my 210. I've moved the stereo up to where the compass was (was off 20° and non-adjustable) Installed a Standard Horizon GX2400 where the stereo was, Simrad GO9 above. Shakespeare 4188SL SS Rail Ratchet Mount on the back of the T-Top (where the canvas void is next to the all-around light) Shakespeare 5400-XT 4' Galaxy Antenna. I do plan on adding a good quality compass up on the dash as well. Hope this helps. 1595256997573.jpgResized_20200626_170851(1).jpeg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
C54C9F50-1382-456C-9E7F-0C7C6027CE25.jpeg
Radio mount won’t help you, but it’s GPS built in so it needed a clear view of the sky. I’ll look for antenna pic.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
IMG_20200809_143044269_HDR.jpg
Wired into my gps for dsc positioning.

IMG_20200809_143113431_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Had to shim the mount because the T-top has a slight slope.

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
IMG_3343.jpgIMG_3342.jpg
No pic right now but the antenna is a Pacific Arial 3' whip mounted on the right front corner of the console.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ran it through the tubing until I got to a tubing junction, then drilled and rubber grommeted a small hole out and in, and moved onto the next junction. I heading out soon, but if you want pictures let me know. I'll get them later.

DMiller509

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ran it through the tubing until I got to a tubing junction, then drilled and rubber grommeted a small hole out and in, and moved onto the next junction. I heading out soon, but if you want pictures let me know. I'll get them later.
Thank you, that is what I thought. I just ran my wiring, everything is hidden. I just skipped drilling those 2 holes closest to the antenna that you must have made.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Man! What a great bunch of installs ! Well done gentlemen!