• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Video - 210 FSH - JBP Steering Tests

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool. I think you nailed one of the issues with these boats, at 6:00 in your vid, which is about steering at speed - in deceleration (or lack there-of). That was the first thing I noticed with Cobras - I was able to turn even in full deceleration.
I like how the boat spins around in reverse with LTEs.
Curious what you find in follow up and effects on both forward and reverse. Thanks for sharing!
So - did you get the MEGAs?

EDIT: That is a beautiful river!

--

Last edited:

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I showed the Megas in the video ...

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I showed the Megas in the video ...
Yes - I see it! I didn't know if those where the regular "FANGs" or MEGAs - I rewatched it now, saw the cutout for the supporting rod.

--

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was going to order the lateral thruster , but after talking with Will he informed me that it would not work on my CJS Viper fin by Cobra. So I'll curious to see if they work on your setup?
Great Video by the way. We're getting pounded with 12" plus of snow today and tomorrow so watching your video's and post gives my hope spring will come soon :)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for the video and your sharing your experience, that does look like a fun river to be on!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice testing waters, looking forward to the comparison videos. That loss of steering at the 3:00 min. mark at deceleration, had me holding on and puckering the sphincter, that should not happen with with the Cobras. At least I have not experienced that with my Ultimates. Good job.

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Loved the video. I currently have Cobras on my boat and can't wait to see the comparison.

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot - Will, at what speed do the thrust vectors drop down into the stream? I would think it would have had some impact at the lower speed?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I thought I would ask how your steering tests were coming along since we are all curious and I have been suggesting a comparison for several years, And I still suggest if people have any friends with similar boats using the different steering they should swap drivers seats and see for themselves what the difference is. I also have feedback about the same boat ,2018 F S H being tested with my magnum A K steering and Mega Fangs currently.
And as the weather warms up more people will also be chiming in so hopefully after they get their boats in the water and try out their new steering from the end of the year sale .

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes eagerly waiting for the next video in the series... Must be a cold front on SC...:nailbiting:

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought I would ask how your steering tests were coming along since we are all curious and I have been suggesting a comparison for several years, And I still suggest if people have any friends with similar boats using the different steering they should swap drivers seats and see for themselves what the difference is. I also have feedback about the same boat ,2018 F S H being tested with my magnum A K steering and Mega Fangs currently.
And as the weather warms up more people will also be chiming in so hopefully after they get their boats in the water and try out their new steering from the end of the year sale .
I am going to try and get your steering system installed this weekend. I might be able to test on Sunday.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Excellent, just practice smiling!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
He installed the viper N K system , it incorporates several benefits in one inexpensive system, planning surface that also stabilizes the hull in rough water . Gets the boat on plane faster and holds plane at a lower speed also.
Fins that are designed to be shallow due to the location of the pump nozzle on the single engine boats but they have a lot more travel to make increase the influence due to being spaced further apart . And there are built in fangs on the front of the fins to counter the majority of the resistance of the fins at speed. plus increase the reverse control.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks, you have the original Viper for the 19 ft keel boats there are 3 different styles and they have been in use a while.
So far everyone I have talked to really loves them, no more spinning out when you rapidly decelerate , no high speed wander, no huge fins hitting the ground backing out of driveways etc there are many posts from people who have them on their boats. All you need to do is a search on the viper or the viper NK or Viper NK 2 the interesting thing is I also have the ULTIMATE system for the single engine boats and plenty of feedback on those posted on this web site as well as on my facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/Cobra-jet-steering-257584527645178/?view_public_for=257584527645178 And I will be the first person to tell you I suck with computers and videos, but I do try.