• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VIDEO: SX230 no reverse, throttle controls lock

TwinEngine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all,

I pushed the neutral lock buttons at base of throttle controls (was testing something and a stupid idea). Now the pins just stay popped out in neutral lock position, you can press them in and move engine throttle which works fine and boat does go forward but when you go past neutral it locks and no reverse bucket engagement even if you push pin.

Affects both sides / engines.

Anyway to reset or fix pin easily? See video its easier to understand.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I never studied the mechanism, but I think there is an interlock in the binacle that prevents the gates from moving while you have the button to operate just the thottle cables engaged. Have you tried grabbing that button with a pair of needle nose pliers and pulling it out? I'm wondering if a spring that would normally push it out is broken/missing....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have most of mine in the garage. I bet it's a super simple fix, but if you find you need a replacement I could part with my disassembled whole piece for only a little money. (No idea what these go for)

I could also take a picture of something from mine if it helps. (Later today I'm be at home and can do it) is in a box, so pretty simple to take a peek at how something might work.

Update: Sorry, I looked at my partially disassembled unit. Nothing visible in this area. Looks pretty sealed/behind additional screws.there is some access from behind to whatever plate is being pushed.

Last edited: