• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vinyl/Upholstery cleaners?

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have some rust stains on my seats along with some other stains. What is good vinyl/upholstery cleaners?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the Meguiar's vinyl and rubber cleaner or the Heavy Duty vinyl cleaner. However, in pinch I've tried all kinds of stuff. I used some paint cleaner to remove some grease on one of the seats just this last weekend because the vinyl cleaner was left in the van. Worked very well to my surprise.

Then I spritzed some 303 on it and called it good. :cool:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot, has tested several options. Hopefully he can chime in.

I have been using Boat Blings Vinyl Sauce with a magic eraser.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
303 makes a fabric cleaner that works well but even after rinsing thoroughly the seats stuck together.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just picked up the Babe's Boat Care line and I am really liking the Seat Soap. It is, in my opinion, superior to Vinyl Sauce I very way.

We still plan to sell both brands but my money would be spent on the Seat Soap. It took off stains that the Vinyl Sauce would not touch.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If all also fails I use WD-40 to attempt to remove tough stains.

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just picked up the Babe's Boat Care line and I am really liking the Seat Soap. It is, in my opinion, superior to Vinyl Sauce I very way.

We still plan to sell both brands but my money would be spent on the Seat Soap. It took off stains that the Vinyl Sauce would not touch.
Have you tried to take off rust stain? I have few spots that the dealer left on my seats I can't get off.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know how I missed it in your first post but for rust stains on anything I use "Bar Keepers Friend" soft cleaner. It can be found at Wal-mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. I have used it on my vinyl seats without causing any damage.

Oh and by the way it is cheap about $3.

BarKeepersFriend.jpg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have not tried it on rust, but it seems to work on stains like ink and similar. Also many have placed cushions with tough stains in direct sunlight for a few days or longer and the sun will bleach the stains out.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser for the rust. Also, It is great for the floor of the boat. The Bar Keepers Friend works great on rust.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

ScarabMike