• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Viper 2 firmware update?

bjnacc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Has anyone successfully done a firmware update to the 2017 Viper 2 system? Ours has randomly been switching itself in and out of ski/dock modes while driving for the last month. I found these instructions on the 'about' screen...but it doesn't say where you get this file. I have left numerous msgs with Medallion and nobody will return my call. My dealer has no clue but is trying to investigate further for me. I called Chap and they just re-directed me to another dealer who was no help at all. I wan't to avoid taking the boat out and driving to a service center if possible. We are at a remote lake several hours from any dealer.
upload_2017-7-5_12-29-51.png

gone2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I was wondering if there was an update also. Mine is the same version number.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@gone2 welcome to the site. I have a 2015 model boat which came with the older model medallion screen. However, my screen started to get water inside the screen and at the end of last season, the dealer replaced it with the new medallion unit. So - can't answer your question right now. Wondering though if I am going to need to update my software also. My boat is in storage until first week of April, so I will find out then.

There is a facebook Vortex owners group where this software update topic was discussed. reading that, it seems the people had to go through the dealer for the update. Seems like something the owner should be able to do and if I need it, will definitely try myself.

here is the facebook group for the vortex owners. request to join and the do a search within the group for "medallion update" to get the post there about it.

also.. if you need it, here is the contact information for medallion..
Medallion Instrumentation Systems
17150 Hickory Street
Spring Lake, MI 49456
(800) 828-8127

gone2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I joined that Vortex facebook group and the Scarab group at the same time while we were cross-shopping both boats. Obviously we got the Chaparral. :thumbsup:

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Anyone have any luck with updating? I am in the same situation as @BobJohnson in that my screen was replaced due to moisture and I got the newer version. I would like to check and ensure I have the newest software version.

Bryan Doubet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a Medallion 2 on 2017 203 VRX. I keep getting a Can 1 Error. Has anyone encountered that error?

sampson_ron

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have a Medallion 2 on 2017 203 VRX. I keep getting a Can 1 Error. Has anyone encountered that error?
Hello Bryan, did you ever get your "can 1 error" question answered? I have <7h on the boat and have started getting this error. (thank you)