• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vortex bucket bolts back out/ shreds

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
IMG_3673.JPG Would like to post this for possible bolts back out or shredded, it happened after my friend tested the boat, After few spins it would loose power and you get vibration under load , had to pull the boat out , brought to the dealer had to wait one week for the bolt , advice to check your bolts and apply some locktide and have few spares not to loose time if it happens

See attached pic

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Had you removed and reinstalled those bolts before or were they "factory" tight when they came loose?

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Had you removed and reinstalled those bolts before or were they "factory" tight when they came loose?
It's actually happened last year the boat was new 20h, the bolts were Factory tight , dealer told me it happened to other Vortex boats that they sold so I was not the only one with this, but my bolt didn't come out loose, it broke off so he was surprised, and I was boat less for few weeks

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you recall the size of bolts you had to order / purchase?

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry it was my dealer who got them and installed, I don't know the size , they are the left one with the spacers on them that hold horizontal metal tube bracket ,they look small