• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vortex VRX won't go in reverse

tak2547

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Vortex VRX 2430 that will not go into reverse. It is like the buckets won't come down to divert the jets. And it goes about 5mph in "neutral" Any ideas?

NATER

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Check the breaker near the port side battery. Mine was tripped and gave me a reverse module fault. its mounted next to the battery.

tak2547

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply, I ended up taking it back to the marina. The guy said the push rod was bent in a 90 degree angle. He had no explanation how it happened but was contacting Chap to see about warranty and getting a replacement part. I am guessing something held the buckets open and the rod gave way.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply, I ended up taking it back to the marina. The guy said the push rod was bent in a 90 degree angle. He had no explanation how it happened but was contacting Chap to see about warranty and getting a replacement part. I am guessing something held the buckets open and the rod gave way.
Thanks for letting us know! Do you have any pictures?

tak2547

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
They did not share any with me, but I will see what I can do once I pick it up after it is fixed. It is over an hour away from my lake.

tak2547

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
They fixed it with a new rod, said they have never seen it before. Got it back for a month, and last night it did it again. I think that is has something to do with the reverse "bucket" being locked into position and something has to give when putting it in reverse (or neutral). When I took it back, today, I talked with the mechanic that said Chap was not real helpful the first go around. I am not sure if this is a design flaw or if there is something (like the forward lock) needs an adjustment. But this is not acceptable, I know that I did not do anything to cause this.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
They fixed it with a new rod, said they have never seen it before. Got it back for a month, and last night it did it again. I think that is has something to do with the reverse "bucket" being locked into position and something has to give when putting it in reverse (or neutral). When I took it back, today, I talked with the mechanic that said Chap was not real helpful the first go around. I am not sure if this is a design flaw or if there is something (like the forward lock) needs an adjustment. But this is not acceptable, I know that I did not do anything to cause this.
It needs to lock when the throttle is in the forward position. When out of the water, you can put it in override, and you should here it lock (plus you can look to confirm). If not than you must adjust to get it to lock. please search as there are discussions here on this.

poe14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I had my vortex for 1 season, was nothing but problems! I'm selling it now. I don't recommend a vortex!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I had my vortex for 1 season, was nothing but problems! I'm selling it now. I don't recommend a vortex!
I've had mine for 3 seasons and I love it. I had my share of issues but nothing I couldn't handle. Mine is not for sale.