1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Lateral Thruster & Thrust Vector group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until August 31st to get in on this group buy!

So if you are looking to improve your steering, don't miss this opportunity!  Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(Logged in Members can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Vortex with Rotax ACE 300

Discussion in 'Chaparral' started by JetTech72, Aug 2, 2018.

1. JetTech72

JetTech72 Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
    Just saw this on Chaparral Vortex FaceBook page, Vortex officially coming out with the Rotax ACE 300.
    Sounds pretty interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. biffdotorg

biffdotorg Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +369 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Are we talking about a pair of those monsters? OMG!

3. JetTech72

JetTech72 Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +100 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
    Can you imagine a pair of Rotax ACE 300 in a Vortex 223, that would be chasing watercraft around.
    I'm guessing a 65+ MPH boat.

4. All Seas

All Seas Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Except when they stuff in in a pwc!

Either way, I would love a 60+mph boat

5. viggen

viggen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    NA
    Yea the seadoo RXP/RXT 300 2018 uses that engine, been waiting a year for the ace 300 to find its way into jet boats.

Looking forward to the day two ace 300’s are put in a boat the size of the old seadoo 200 speedster

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Compatico

Compatico New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Other
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    While practicing my google-fu I found a dealer who is already showing 2019 ordering info as "coming soon" for the Vortex 203:

Engine Make Rotax
    Engine Model 1.6L 4-Tec 300 ETC
    Engine Year 2019
    Total Power 300hp
    Engine Type Single Inboard
    Fuel Type Gas

I also found another site that has a new 2019 with the 250hp engine and noticed the only cosmetic change is the wake tower is mounted a bit differently and looks a little different at the base mount. The bars have some contour or edge to them possibly for more rigidity:

[​IMG]

7. Compatico

Compatico New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Other
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    No longer a rumour as I found this official confirmation on Boating Industry dated August 1st:

"BRP Marine Group has announced the release of its largest Rotax jet propulsion engine yet – the Rotax ACE (Advanced Combustion Efficiency) 300. The new engine is now available on Scarab jet boat models and Chaparral Vortex models."

https://boatingindustry.com/news/2018/08/01/brp-marine-group-launches-new-rotax-engine/

Also the same announcement on Power Boat World:

https://www.powerboat-world.com/news/208358/Rotax-announces-new-jet-propulsion-engine