• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vr models and towing tubes

Bill Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have a VR 243 and when I put my kids on the tube they get splashed terribly, the wake and the rope are interfering because the tow point is so low on the back of the boat I really wish you I would've gotten The tower. I use one of those toe balls to try to help and it has, anyone else ran into this problem? Would love a solution

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long is the rope you're using?

Bill Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I'm guessing the standard length, would you suggest shorter or longer

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Longer the better. . . .I think most recommend a 75' rope behind our Jets due to just this problem.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, I have the same problem. The standard tubing tow rope is 60'. I've been looking for something around 75' I think would be perfect, but short of making a 75' rope myself, I haven't found one from a store any longer than 60'

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I have the same problem. The standard tubing tow rope is 60'. I've been looking for something around 75' I think would be perfect, but short of making a 75' rope myself, I haven't found one from a store any longer than 60'
Yeah, I have (2) 50 footers. . . . one is doubled over and connected to the other. Poof. . . . instant 75'er.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
.... and really, you are not supposed to connect a tube to a tower. Tower is made for pulling people who have less resistance than a tube. I looked into the tow ball you use and was going to get it, but damn.. is that thing big. Couldn't justify/fit another big blown up thing right now in the boat (have the big mabel & an air filled dog ramp already on board most of the time). For now my kids get the spray in the face. Their middle school and older, so they don't care any more. But, just last year and the year before, my youngest had issues with the spray so I know what you are talking about.

Bill Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
exactly....another big blown up item on the boat. Not sure what im going to do or try, i guess a longer rope, the tower is the exspensive option. I wish i got one. Has anyone installed an after market tower? I know the tower isnt for tubing but my ankle biters are so light dont think it would harm it. Thanks for the great chatter here- good peeps! Bob Johnson I have the same ride.....good taste

Ntlange

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
The towers can be installed on all models of the vortex. If you got to the website then boat builder you can add a tower to everything. It shouldn't be to hard to install a factory tower.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also have also heard of people using 10' and 15' extensions with the standard 60' rope.

Steve B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
having the same issue and going to try a longer rope. if you get a tower be careful slinging the tuber as last year a guy was doing that and the tube launched high off the wake and his kid got hurt.

Bill Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I placed an order for a monster tower, Ill let you know how installation goes. I contacted Chap about it and they didnt really offer any advice. Im not sure but I think the tow point on the 2016 models is higher, just below the first step entering the back of the boat, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Bill Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Install report: it took us, two people about six hours. If I had to do it again it would take 4 hours, maybe sooner. We had plenty of arguing time before the first nut was threaded. If you have some place to hang it its key, before you place the last four bolts which need to be drilled make sure you raise it up and down a few times. I made this mistake and focused too much on keeping it square. I'd be happy to answer any questions.image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't understand how a tower will help your problem? Also be careful of subbing the tube. Friends Mastercraft tower was ripped completely off the boat when the tube went under at speed. They told him he was lucky no one was sitting behind it when it happened. Boat was totalled, over $75K to repair. I'll look for the pics.

Bill Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Its more for knee and wake boarding. The last tow point was so low the rope interfered with the roost from the jet and the kids got splashed terribly. I hope it works, now youve got me thinking...time will tell

Ntlange

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
If you wanted to pull tubes with the tower on all models would running a few straps from the tower the the front of the boat somewhere help reduce the stress on the tower? Has anyone considered doing this? Would it help any?

Bill Jenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
The tower works great, no more splash and the monster tower gives it a almost oem look..Im glad I did it and the kids are loving it, the new bimini just just shipped. Should have it installed later in the week, the speakers are perfect for my liking. Ive been out of the watersports games since the diapers arrived but now we're back. Thanks for the good stuff let me know if anyone has questions.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks great !

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don't understand how a tower will help your problem? Also be careful of subbing the tube. Friends Mastercraft tower was ripped completely off the boat when the tube went under at speed. They told him he was lucky no one was sitting behind it when it happened. Boat was totalled, over $75K to repair. I'll look for the pics.
Did you find the pics? Inquiring minds want to know.