• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake booster add on

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know yet if the wake booster can be added to the 2018 242x?

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, cool. Good news. Any idea how it attaches? How it’s activated, cost? I’ll volunteer to install the first one

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ah thanks. Screw the board and rope. I’d rather just have the booster.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah thanks. Screw the board and rope. I’d rather just have the booster.
Yea it's pretty lame they won't sell just the device. That was my issue. They gotta pump out their co-vendors stuff with it :rolleyes::banhappy:. Rope looks way too long anyways.

Make a curved piece out of wood or plastic for cheap.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If they sold just the booster for $5-600, it would sell all day.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We need one person to buy it so we can spec the design and recreate. Maybe we all go in on one. LOL :D:D

Jester429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would have bought it today but aren't available yet :(. And if k not sure if it would fit my 192

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We need one person to buy it so we can spec the design and recreate. Maybe we all go in on one. LOL :D:D
Nah you could make one without needing it to mock up. Just make it follow along the corner of the stern and make sure the deflector exits lined up to where the jet nozzle is.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would have bought it today but aren't available yet :(. And if k not sure if it would fit my 192
Apparently they are only made for twin engines. I am not sure how helpful it would be for a single engine anyways since we don't have near the same amount of jet wash and once you add some list most of the jet wash goes right under the wave being created by the ballast. It's only when you add more weight or try to go straight that the lip of the wave gets messed up from the jet wash knocking it down.

No Yamaha deflector used in these pics of my boat...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I asked my buddy what price is on one at local yamaha dealer (he gets discount) it's not compatible with me 2006 but I wanted to see what it was about. I'll be driving by the dealership Monday will see if they have one in stock.