• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake/kneeboard combo forks

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I haven't seen it if so. I picked up some "Cheerwake" forks on eBay after verifying mounting holes, and they're a direct bolt on for my Yamaha swinging mount. They'll directly replace many Yamaha stock forks. You go from two boards to three, and get a nice wide slot in the middle. Nice upgrade.
Only downside is there's no built in bungee hooks. I'll just wrap mine around the mount plate so no worries for me, but something to consider. The name is "Cheerwake Surfboard & Wakeboard Rack Replacement Finger Fork". Here's a link, pics below. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Cheerwake-Surfboard-Wakeboard-Rack-Replacement-Finger-Fork/231915241343?hash=item35ff39bf7f:g:cLgAAOSwvgdW150W
20180421_174355.jpg 20180421_174348.jpg

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 2014X has the same tower (I think), but I don't have the swinging mount (i.e. my racks are fixed). I'm not where my boat is so can't look at the bolt holes for the racks, but am wondering if your swinging rack has the same bolt pattern as my fixed rack.
@Scottie

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It should be the same. Before I switched forks, I had the stock forks bolted to the swinging rack, which were bolted to my fixed rack, before I added the factory Yamaha swinging rack. So it should work for you. I can snap a picture of what I did for the bungee also if you're interested.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd appreciate a photo of your bungee solution -- thanks!

Another question: I've not seen the Yamaha swinging rack before, but you say that you are using it here? I can't tell from your photos how it actually "swings."

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No problem. I'll take some pics this weekend of the bungee and to show how the rack works. I searched forever for a swinging rack solution and I finally found a mention of the part here on the forum somewhere. I found them at yamaha sports plaza.
https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemcatalogs/p/all/yamaha_boat_accessories-upgrades/5632d22c87a866079834c7ac/removable-deluxe-swivel-wakeboard-rack
I ordered part no. SBT-RMXPT-ST-14, which is for the port side, in satin finish. Mine was a direct bolt-on.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here's a short video showing how the rack operates.
For the bungee, I drilled two holes in the ends of the upper arms. I cannibalized a bungee cord that I had, ran it through those he's, then crimped on a steel sleeve to get the length I wanted. I covered the sleeve with black heat shrink. There's room in the oval shaped plate to drill a hole for the hook to catch. I drilled a 3/8" hole, then used a step bit from the back side to flare the hole to make it easier to find with the hook. Turned out nice.
20180525_184840.jpg 20180525_184849.jpg 20180525_184854.jpg 20180525_184903.jpg

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the photos of the bungee set-up. That's a very nice solution!

I'd love to have one of those swinging hinges for the board racks, but not enough to pay $400!

macnewbie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scottie would you mind posting a picture or short video showing how the quick disconnect works on the Yamaha hinge? Trying to decide if I want to fork out the $$ or not.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sure. If you're facing the rack from outside the boat, just behind the oval plate on the right hand side is a pin. You pull the pin and the oval plate with the fingers attached pulls right off. I'll grab a pic or a video this weekend. I didn't love the cost either, but the rack won't clear my lift cables in the normal fixed position. I couldn't find any other option for a swinging rack, so I didn't really have a choice.

macnewbie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is the whole assembly pretty solid? It seems like it might come loose rather easily with the vibration?

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's very solid, and heavy. I was initially afraid it would rattle, but it hasn't made a sound. I have no concerns at all with it loosening up or rattling or anything like that. I did add some WD-40 to the hinge as it developed a bit of a squeak, but lubricant cleared that up immediately.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scottie
Any chance you can give the measurements in between the fingers? “ The gap where the boards go”
Just bought my kids a Zup board and it doesn’t even come close to fitting into the factory 1”1/4 slots.
Thanks Bud!

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well I got the swivel from Yamaha, dealer wanted to get rid of it so they gave it to me at cost. Now I’m just waiting for my “Amazon wake surf rack” to show up and home the tines have the same bolt pattern as the stock tines. I’m over having to move that Zup board around inside the boat lol.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ratket I'm sorry I missed this. It seems like I'm too late now, but the forks I ordered are at MINIMUM 3" in the biggest gap in the middle, maybe close to 4". I can measure this weekend.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scottie i couldn’t find your exact ting”s you ordered, but I found some other ones members said would work, they should be here this week I’ll post back.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got the tings back from the machine ship tonight, Willa after test on Friday.

Attachments

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Attachments

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Honestly it’s a Heavy board for a slant mount like that. But It seems to work just fine. I used lock tight on all the bolts and so far so good. I don’t tow the boat with it in the rack. So far for what it is I am happy.