• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake reverse bucket screw issue

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Looks like the bolts are too long. The bolt is bottomed out in the hole. 2003 lx210. @JetBoatPilot can I use a shorter bolt? I checked the other side too.

Attachments

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Took everything off the bolts in the kit and ran them in with a 3/8 drive ratchet a couple of times worked like a champ. Installed with. A generous amount of blue locktite.

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Took everything off the bolts in the kit and ran them in with a 3/8 drive ratchet a couple of times worked like a champ. Installed with. A generous amount of blue locktite.
The appears that the white bushing slipped out of the fin and was limiting your travel. I assume you were able to get it back in place?

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
It was simply some corrosion in the bolt holes. I had this issue with both pumps. I used a 5mm 3/8" drive socket and a ratchet and ran the bolts in and out of the holes several times until I saw the tip of the bolt inside the pump. This worked great.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was simply some corrosion in the bolt holes. I had this issue with both pumps. I used a 5mm 3/8" drive socket and a ratchet and ran the bolts in and out of the holes several times until I saw the tip of the bolt inside the pump. This worked great.
Were you removing old fins before your install?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length