• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake surf behind my 2016 scarab 195 impulse is there anything to make the wave better?

cslocum44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2016 scarab 195 impulse and I am wanting to sure without the rope but can’t get a big enough wave is there anything I can do to help create a bigger wave

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
let's see pictures or even better, video of what you currently have,

generic answer is ballast bags,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
but many things play into surfing with out the rope,

rider size
board type
wave size

and then probably the most important factor, rider ability,

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Displacement of water + depth of water + wave shaping device will give you a surfing wave.

cslocum44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length

It is set up with the ballast system, and we are all beginners but I had a buddy that is good at wake surfing and he came out yesterday and could only let go of the rope briefly then fell out the back of the wave. I mean it still fun to do it with the rope just looking to create a better wave if that’s possible

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It is set up with the ballast system, and we are all beginners but I had a buddy that is good at wake surfing and he came out yesterday and could only let go of the rope briefly then fell out the back of the wave. I mean it still fun to do it with the rope just looking to create a better wave if that’s possible
Hi,

I was wondering how you made out? Were you ever successful at getting a cleaner & bigger wake?