• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake surf on a 2017 chaparral 243 vrx

Techbiker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am about to buy a 2017 Chaparral vrx 243 it has no ballast or extra surf platform, would I be able to make it good for wake Surfing?
Please help before I pull the final plug

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I hope I'm not to late but from speaking with a seller the ballast system isn't a deal breaker for wake surfing but the ASP is!

I passed on 2 without either and bought a 2017 this year with both. I can attest that you don't need the ballast to wake surf.

The ASP can be installed if you get a deal on a boat without it but I was quoted $3k plus labor!

Hope it works out for you!

Techbiker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I hope I'm not to late but from speaking with a seller the ballast system isn't a deal breaker for wake surfing but the ASP is!

I passed on 2 without either and bought a 2017 this year with both. I can attest that you don't need the ballast to wake surf.

The ASP can be installed if you get a deal on a boat without it but I was quoted $3k plus labor!

I pull the plug already but we will see, will be fun to figure and try

EZ311

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

EZ311

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
How do you wake surf without the ballast system? I have both but can’t get the bags to fill up. Also, what’s a good beginner board and rope. Thanks.

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We usually have at least 6 or more people in the boat. So I've never had any issues with not having enough wait in the boat. They are sitting in the cabin area or on the transom seats. I seen the fill controls on the Medallion screen but I've never filled mine and they are actually out of the boat. I found the best speed to be 10.4 to 11 mph. We are usually in an ocean cove but have done it 2x on a lake.

I bought a Ronix Marsh Mellow Thrasher Wakesurf Board as a good beginner/ intermediate board. I put some heavy duty 3M film on the transom, port side and ease the wake board off the transom. It's a lot easier than hooking your heals and pulling yourself up under power! I actually watched a Youtube video on it but couldn't find it again to attach. I use a water skiing rope that come with the boat the I shortened to the appropriate length and attach it to the tower.

Hope his helps & enjoy the season!

John