• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Surfing on the 210 (now a build thread)

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No more shoving wakeboard into the console and dinging up the surf board. The Yamaha wake surf pocket isn't going to start getting to dealers for at least another 6 weeks so I made my own device. $120 rack off Amazon and hardware from my shed. I'll probably create a writeup thread since I found so little info online about a board rack for center consoles.

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

rwhelton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great Idea, I have thought about picking up a set of fingers and adapting to the same rod holders.....

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I'm here to brag about the Perfect Pass. Although expensive, this is the best money I've spent on the boat so far. Being able to slam the throttle forward then totally ignore it makes the day 100% better. Way more ability to focus on the rider, navigating and also just having fun instead of babysitting the throttle constantly. I also set up a cruise mode on it which is a thing of beauty. No adjustments when crossing wakes, change in wind etc.

View attachment 126580

View attachment 126582

Will be back shortly with high quality pics of surfing with the ballast.
Got this pic. Thanks
how does it work for syncing the engines and cruise control. That’s what I would be using it for.

Last edited:

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got this pic. Thanks
how does it work for syncing the engines and cruise control. That’s what I would be using it for.
I saw you said you found your answer on another thread but the PP does not do engine RPM sync. Cruise control- that's what it's for but I have serious problems with mine. It always way overshoots the set speed then loses speed while turning and overshoots again.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys, Newby here. I actually haven’t picked up my boat yet, but am already planning mods.

Do you guys have trim tabs on the boat? If so, does the tab reduce the benefit of the wakeshape?

what about the steering control mods, any of those better/worse for pulling surfers, boarders, or tubers?

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know at least some models of trim tabs won't allow you to use the Yamaha Wake Booster. There might be some that are compatible though. You can also check out Jet Boat Pilot for alternative wake shapers if the tabs you want don't allow you to use the Wake Booster.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, Newby here. I actually haven’t picked up my boat yet, but am already planning mods.

Do you guys have trim tabs on the boat? If so, does the tab reduce the benefit of the wakeshape?

what about the steering control mods, any of those better/worse for pulling surfers, boarders, or tubers?
I'm not running trim tabs myself, but I've read several threads here regarding them. The consensus is, they do not aid in wakesurfing but they don't hurt either. With the exception of potential clearance issues. @swatski I believe did report deploying them momentarily to aid reaching plane while ballasted.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shouldn't be any clearance issues with the Wake Wedge which in combination with proper ballast produces the best wave. It's what I use in my AR240.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks J-Rad, I was going to get the wakebooster. Looks like I’ll have to do a little more research and check out that wedge.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Summer is in swing. Little photo dump.

People get a kick out of my surfing list. 1600 lbs on port.
IMG_0229.jpeg

The toys on a weekend trip
IMG_0279.jpeg

Have y'all seen the 'Lets Tie Up' company's product that's big round fenders for rafting up with people? I took one look at them and thought "that's a hippity hop ball" so for $15/ea I grabbed some and they work perfectly. Amazon.com: AppleRound Space Hopper Ball with Air Pump: 18in/45cm Diameter for Ages 3-6, Hop Ball, Kangaroo Bouncer, Hoppity Hippity Hop, Jumping Ball, Sit and Bounce: Toys & Games
IMG_0444.jpeg

Friends from out of town brought their FSH to the lake so it was cool to have a twin for the day.
Photo_6553733_DJI_133_jpg_18696637_0_202165131242_photo_original.jpeg
Photo_6553739_DJI_139_jpg_5645077_0_202165131350_photo_original.jpg

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If anyone has tips about how to change the oil and not make a royal mess of everything, I'd love to hear it. At the very least, my little 12V oil pump drips from the hoses and last weekend I managed to turn on the pump and have the outlet hose shoot out of my oil pan and cover myself and the stern with close to a quart of oil. :banghead:

Also popped in some new spark plugs. Was pleasantly surprised with how easy that is. 15 min start to finish. Also tip for anyone doing plugs... you don't need a special 5/8" spark plug socket. If you put a dab of dialectic grease in your regular deep well 5/8" socket, it'll grab the old plug you need to remove. Repeat to put the new one in.

Excited to see what kind of performance I'll see with brand new properly gapped plugs and an oil level I'm positive isn't over-full. Boat has 92 hours on in now and only went 30 hours since my last oil and filter late last season. Cheap insurance to know the motors are happy since they work so hard to push this loaded down thing around.

Also, fresh coat of wax has the hull looking great 💦

IMG_0573.jpeg

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure if I had any RPM gain this weekend but can't attribute that to the oil level or new plugs... I had 11 adults on the boat (yes, proper life jackets and safety equipment for everyone). Lots of conversation online about "how many can a FSH fit comfortably" so that's my take. 11 is obviously cramped but plenty of seating for everyone and boat performed just fine for cruising and wake surfing. If you're on the fence about buying a FSH to take out your family and bring a few friends along, fear not.

I posted on my DIY wake surf rack thread that I lost my board a few weeks back because it found its way out of the rack. I posted on there how I improved it. In the meantime, I bought a new board, a nice carry bag for it and set up some tie downs that just clip on so it stays on the T top unless we're using it.

IMG_0634.jpeg

And down in the now improved rack when we're using it.

IMG_0652.jpeg

The new board is a Liquid Force Avant 4'10". Avant Wakesurfer – Relentless Innovation | Liquid Force That's 5" shorter than the Slightshot that comes with the Yamaha Wakebooster package.

IMG_0553.jpeg

Very different feel to this board than the egg shaped Slingshot. This board has a super funky profile that is actually skinner on the hips. On my wake the front of the board is super fast and playful while the back is planted firmly by the huge hatchet fins.

I'm not sure if it carries quite as well as the Slingshot on the small wake so going ropeless may be a bit trickier. I didn't have a great wake this weekend so maybe I'll change my mind on that next time out.

IMG_0750.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Dude that LIST! 😂 😂 😂 Ever worry about that waterline backing into your motor when you're sunk with the motor off?

Also, how did your fellow sandbar friends like their Heydey? Everyone says they're ugly and cheap (70k ain't cheap in my book) but they surf like MOFOs - were you able to get behind it at all?

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think the list actually looks more aggressive than it really is. Never had any trouble with the motors.

The owners of the Heyday are good friends. If you have $60k and want the biggest surf wave for your buck it's probably the way to go. The super stubby front end is what gets most of the hate but from a purely functional design point, it's a great boat. Now, the owner did buy a suction cup surf gate for it to increase the wave more and it's a bit of a bummer to have to do that to a modern boat. Personally, I'd shop for a used boat with some sort of surf system (for example a Moomba or Axis) around that price range.

jdub78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got a lake house this weekend and kept the boat in the water overnight at the dock. What a treat.

View attachment 132808

The Perfect Pass is still driving me absolutely nuts. It's overshooting speed so bad that it'll pull a wake boarder 28 mph before settling down to the set point at 20 mph. I'm emailing with a Perfect Pass engineer now and hopefully they have a solution. In order to not take the rider for a wild time I have to manually control the throttle until we hit speed and also take over control any time we turn... which is essentially why you buy the $1000+ system. Really hoping they have a solution/software update etc.

Took the dog surfing.
View attachment 132807

Also got caught in a storm in the roughest water the boat has seen. Wind picked up and got really nasty really quick with some steep 3-4' waves. With 7 adults on board it was not a fun time. Tried some passengers up front to get more of the V in the water (which is generally smoother in small chop) and started taking wave break over the bow. Moved them to the back and the boat barely had enough power to plane out with the waves. Ended up getting close to shore at 8 mph to more protected waters before bringing it back up. Definitely a taste of why this is a "coastal" boat and not an offshore boat 😆
Where and how are you tying the rope to center console? Any issues?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure if I had any RPM gain this weekend but can't attribute that to the oil level or new plugs... I had 11 adults on the boat (yes, proper life jackets and safety equipment for everyone). Lots of conversation online about "how many can a FSH fit comfortably" so that's my take. 11 is obviously cramped but plenty of seating for everyone and boat performed just fine for cruising and wake surfing. If you're on the fence about buying a FSH to take out your family and bring a few friends along, fear not.

I posted on my DIY wake surf rack thread that I lost my board a few weeks back because it found its way out of the rack. I posted on there how I improved it. In the meantime, I bought a new board, a nice carry bag for it and set up some tie downs that just clip on so it stays on the T top unless we're using it.

View attachment 154417

And down in the now improved rack when we're using it.

View attachment 154418

The new board is a Liquid Force Avant 4'10". Avant Wakesurfer – Relentless Innovation | Liquid Force That's 5" shorter than the Slightshot that comes with the Yamaha Wakebooster package.

View attachment 154419

Very different feel to this board than the egg shaped Slingshot. This board has a super funky profile that is actually skinner on the hips. On my wake the front of the board is super fast and playful while the back is planted firmly by the huge hatchet fins.

I'm not sure if it carries quite as well as the Slingshot on the small wake so going ropeless may be a bit trickier. I didn't have a great wake this weekend so maybe I'll change my mind on that next time out.

View attachment 154438
Impressive- is she your PFD?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dude that LIST! 😂 😂 😂 Ever worry about that waterline backing into your motor when you're sunk with the motor off?

Also, how did your fellow sandbar friends like their Heydey? Everyone says they're ugly and cheap (70k ain't cheap in my book) but they surf like MOFOs - were you able to get behind it at all?

If anyone has tips about how to change the oil and not make a royal mess of everything, I'd love to hear it. At the very least, my little 12V oil pump drips from the hoses and last weekend I managed to turn on the pump and have the outlet hose shoot out of my oil pan and cover myself and the stern with close to a quart of oil. :banghead:

Also popped in some new spark plugs. Was pleasantly surprised with how easy that is. 15 min start to finish. Also tip for anyone doing plugs... you don't need a special 5/8" spark plug socket. If you put a dab of dialectic grease in your regular deep well 5/8" socket, it'll grab the old plug you need to remove. Repeat to put the new one in.

Excited to see what kind of performance I'll see with brand new properly gapped plugs and an oil level I'm positive isn't over-full. Boat has 92 hours on in now and only went 30 hours since my last oil and filter late last season. Cheap insurance to know the motors are happy since they work so hard to push this loaded down thing around.

Also, fresh coat of wax has the hull looking great 💦

View attachment 153752
Changing oil and filters without making a mess can be a bit of a challenge…

I use a 7 quart mighty vac extractor, something like this;

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-Fluid-Evacuator-Plus-MTY-7201/dp/B007QV0966/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=Mityvac+Oil+Extractor&qid=1653229495&s=automotive&sr=1-11

When you’re moving the extractor hose just make sure to give the handle a few pumps to keep the vacuum on the extractor line, all the oil goes into the graduated cylinder so it’s easy to see when you’ve got all the oil out. When you’re done extracting the oil, flip the switch and it will push all the oil out and into your receptacle. You can also pour the oil out the top, just make sure you have your finger over the extraction hose port.

Another tip from the service manual, before starting the oil change, take a nail and poke a couple of holes in the top of the oil filters to allow the oil to drain into the sump. This helps keep the mess down as well.

After changing the oil and wiping everything down I’ll use Motul Bike wash https://www.amazon.com/Motul-Care-Moto-Wash-1-Liter/dp/B00R1QUW7C/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2UGEBFIWE8015&keywords=motul+bike+wash&qid=1653230330&sprefix=Motul+bike+was,aps,133&sr=8-2 on everything in the engine bay, let it sit till almost drying then give a gentle rinse with the hose. it’s biodegradable and leaves a non visible anti corrosion layer of protection.

Once everything is dry I liberally spray silicone all over the engine bay and the aft bilge under the hatch for protection, water dispersant, and it makes it all look brand new.