• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard behind a 150 Speedster?

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'll try to make a long story short. We sold our Yamaha a couple of years ago to buy our first "big boat". The only problem now is, my daughter misses wakeboarding. She wasn't a professional by any means but did enjoy jumping a little. We've got a jetski, but I'm kicking around the idea of swapping the jetski for a small jetboat with a wake tower. Something similar to this: Used 2008 SEA DOO 150 Speedster, Somerset, Ky - 42503 - Boat Trader

Has anybody ever wakeboarded behind one of the smaller jetboats? Would it be a waste of time/money?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've wake boarded behind all kinds of boats. The heavier the boat the better the ride. Light weight 2 person wave runners get pull all over the place and the wake is nothing, but it's still fun. That seado is almost what i paid for my ar230. It will be better than the ski, but not ideal. I'd go for a Yamaha 190 over that.