• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard recommendations

cj3737

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As the title says....
Brand new to wakeboarding but highly experienced in snowboarding and water skiiing.
Looking for some good recommendations.. not necessarily a beginners board.. maybe something that bridges the gap between beg and int. Something thatll work for 2 dudes between 160-190 lbs..
I get length is a key component for stability but I dont want something thatll be outgrown in a summer based on skill.
Looking for a board/binding package if possible.. Dont want to spend a ton of money either...

Thanks guys!!

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A provided my input on a similar recent post, search for that. In a nutshell, i highly recommend the Ronix "camber" boards, especially if you have a snowboarding background. Evo has some great deals on old models, I just bought and love the 2015 Ronix Bandwagon, which was about 50% off original retail.

cj3737

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A provided my input on a similar recent post, search for that. In a nutshell, i highly recommend the Ronix "camber" boards, especially if you have a snowboarding background. Evo has some great deals on old models, I just bought and love the 2015 Ronix Bandwagon, which was about 50% off original retail.
Does the minute difference in waist width between the XL and standard make much difference?

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure, I've only used the XL (I'm 6'3", 205). It is definitely a larger board, but it feels more maneuverable than my (really old) 141mm typical fiberglass construction board.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like slingshot, to me they are more like a snowboard with a smooth bottom.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've ridden a lot of boards and most are very similar. I don't like expert boards with lots of rocker and softer rails that are great for landing 360 flips but the don't cut as hard. For a cut and jump guy like me, I like less rocker and sharper rails. Just like snowboards, the expert bendy park model boards are great for landing huge tricks, but suck ass for mobbing across bumpy stuff. I ride a 1990s blindside. Until you are landing 10' back flips, any used board with good bindings will by totally fine for years. I remember old school darin sharpiro hucking switch air ralies of a non twin tip hyperlight board with bunny bindings. $100 will get you a nice setup on craigslist that you probably couldn't tell the difference from a 1000 new setup.

cj3737

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ill check out craigs list and the other sell sites around here and see what I can come up with

cj3737

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So ive decided to buy new... well older but still new.
Found some decent prices on the following.. If anyone can shed some light on these 4, itll help with my decision

2015 Ronix District
2015 Ronix Vault
2016 Liquid Force Classic
2016 Liquid Force Trip

Im not going for big air... maybe some wake to wake 360s and a bunch of flat water tricks.

Wr3ckdiver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check Bass pro shop, they usually have some pretty good deals on wakeboards with bindings. At least in my area, I admit that the nicer boards are pretty cool but I cant see spending 500 bucks for a Ronix.

cj3737

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Wr3ckdiver Believe it or not, the those Ronix blanks are pretty decently priced on Evo...
Ive already bought some Hyperlite Remix bindings just because the packages Ive found wont work.. (mainly 12-15 bindings)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a terrible wakeboarder (I'm also 220lbs at 5'9"...), but absolutely love doing it!
We have had a few boards and I could never tell what's good and what's not. I assumed they are all more or less the same.
Well... I was so wrong!
Earlier this year I was at some boat show and I basically talked to a kid (a wakeboarding "pro", that is) who seemed to know what he was doing - and had him pick a combo for me.
This is what he selected for me (Hyperlite - sorry, I'm not sure exactly what it is called, and I don't remember what we payed but it seemed pretty standard whatever boat show "special" price, lol:
upload_2017-10-17_23-19-20.png
upload_2017-10-17_23-19-41.png
upload_2017-10-17_23-20-10.png

Let me tell you - that thing changed my (wakeboarding) life! From the moment I first tried it on - I was about ten times more comfortable (and able), in an instant. Can't tell what it is exactly, as I honestly don't know the first thing. Except that it works like a charm!

I still go very slow, 17.5-18.0mph, as I do not want to hurt myself, but I have so much fun, and do some small jumps.

My 0.02

--

cj3737

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Appreciate the input @swatski ... That is a beautiful board.!!
Im leaning towards the 2016 LF Trip... like how it has 6 fins with the middle removable... plus as most people end thier reviews, Theres a reason its been around for a long time.

cj3737

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Decided on the 2105 LF Trip and 17 Hyperlite Remix bindings...

Couldnt pass up the prices I found