• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard tower on SX240

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just finished up running wires for my 2nd JL Audio amp. It looked over at a friend's boat who has an ar240 and thought to myself "self you need a wakeboard tower on your boat". So I'm asking to see if anyone has heard have anyone putting in OEM style wakeboard on a non wakeboard yamaha boat. I know most of the 24 Footers the hulls are the same. 20160710_114339.jpg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
the Yamaha dealer I've been talking to says the Yamaha towers are rebranded Monster towers, and he makes it sound like they do it all the time (and cheaper than the price difference from an SX to an AR). Happy to share the dealer contact info, if interested. He's in St. Louis.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just looked at there web site. The look just like the OEM ones.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling added a tower to his boat. It wasn't an OEM, but he might be able to help answer some questions.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling added a tower to his boat. It wasn't an OEM, but he might be able to help answer some questions.
Sure! Ask away!
My tower was the Aerial Freeride. Pretty nice tower but had to wait a very long time for it. I would look at the Monster MTK as a comparison and it may even be better quality.
Be sure to reinforce everything very well where it goes through the hull. Don't want any cracks!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Drift Away I found this little sticker on my tower (2016 AR240), if it helps:
upload_2017-2-5_23-22-59.png

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
View attachment 50869

--
And if you read up, XTP supplies the towers to MTK. Sister companies or something like that. I wonder if you could get something like the newer 242 Limited tower and put it on our boat from them though? That would have been an awesome option with the way it folds and stuff.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
be prepared to lose about 2ft of shade coverage!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My freeride bimini is larger than oem as well.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been looking on line for a 2015+ oem but not very easy to find one.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Has anyone switched theirs out or found one to replace theirs? I have a 15 212X and lowering the tower is a nightmare... I'd love to put on the new 212X tower or if another model works? They are all the same beam... seems like they all should work.. but what do I know...

Kross

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
great thread!
Is there any tower option that will allow me to keep existing bimini? We love the bimini for shade in the summer. I am looking at the monster MTK. Thanks

-Kross

aceofbase

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2013 SX 240 HO and just installed a Aerial Freeride with bimini in black powdercoat and black bimini. I also had 2 bullet speakers and a light bar added, power run through the tower. One thing I learned was to reinforce the hull with the marine plywood kit they sell or make your own, but definitly do reinforce. I am adding a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2 Chartplotter, and Lowrance Link8 VHF as I operate in the intercoastal area. I am mounting a shorter VHF 1 meter antenna to the wake board tower forward of the pull point. The tower folds, the bimini cover comes off for trailering but I dont go on any roads with a speed limit of over 45 MPH so I dont see removing the bimini very often. I bought a ful sized mooring cover from Yamaha and had it modified to fit around the new tower. If anyone is interested, I will post some pics.

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
View attachment 50869

--
Yep, I alrady went down this road. XTP is a sister company to monster, however XTP only sells to dealers (by the way if you are looking at a Yamaha tower they will only sell to Yamaha boat dealers).

dtnorc1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2013 SX 240 HO and just installed a Aerial Freeride with bimini in black powdercoat and black bimini. I also had 2 bullet speakers and a light bar added, power run through the tower. One thing I learned was to reinforce the hull with the marine plywood kit they sell or make your own, but definitly do reinforce. I am adding a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2 Chartplotter, and Lowrance Link8 VHF as I operate in the intercoastal area. I am mounting a shorter VHF 1 meter antenna to the wake board tower forward of the pull point. The tower folds, the bimini cover comes off for trailering but I dont go on any roads with a speed limit of over 45 MPH so I dont see removing the bimini very often. I bought a ful sized mooring cover from Yamaha and had it modified to fit around the new tower. If anyone is interested, I will post some pics.
I want to do this same tower on a 2014 SX240. Can I ask you some questions about cost and install?

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey I know it's been quite a few years, but how's the tower holding up? Does it rattle or has it come loose at all? how is the bimini coverage compared to the stock one? Is it easy to fold (can you share a pic)? Would you be able to share any more pictures you have? Thanks in advance!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey I know it's been quite a few years, but how's the tower holding up? Does it rattle or has it come loose at all? how is the bimini coverage compared to the stock one? Is it easy to fold (can you share a pic)? Would you be able to share any more pictures you have? Thanks in advance!
I have the freeride. I put mine through the paces pretty hard with kids and stuff on Lake Michigan. It moves a lot. I ended up welding the base brackets together because it just has allen set screws that pinch them to align. Same with bimini so i drilled and tapped and got longer screws to make that much stronger. It's a decent tower It's just not up to wear and tear standards of my use and abuse 20220813_142858.jpg20220827_202411.jpg