• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboarding behind a 195 HO Impulse

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Guys,
Has anyone wakeboarded behind a 195 Impulse? I am coming from a 205 Searay Sport. I'm hoping the wake will be big enough behind the Impulse. I plan on getting 825lbs worth of Ballast to add to the boat. Looking to see if anyone has any input/videos of themselves behind it.
Thanks
Matt

Scarabsteve

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey DJ the wake is pretty big the on the scarab dont't think you'll have a problem? Quick question for you. I have never wakeboarded before and was thinking of trying kneeboarding first? Good idea or no? I'll post vids once I break in the engine but try youtube I think I saw a couple of the scarab with wakeboarders.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Scarabsteve I mean one doesn't really have to do with the other. If you want to wakeboard then I would just do that to be honest. It is harder than it looks, takes some time to get used to getting up and whatnot. I have never knee boarded before, I'd like to try it out but for me it just looks like something that beats the shit out of your knees lol

rufnek47

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Kids and wife knee and wakeboard behind our 195 HO Impulse and they have ridden behind a master craft and a Malibu and they same to be comparable without ballast. I am sure if you add some Fat sacks to it, it would be a great wake. lol
enjoy

ptdavidson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here is a video of my friend's son wakesurfing behind a 215 HO Impulse with the factory ballast. I have seen video of someone surfing behind a 195 as well and not on the rope.

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Pulled my son and his buddies around this weekend and they had a blast. Pulls large riders no problem and creates a pretty decent wake. Putt your passengers at the rear of boat and you've got a nice wake. Kids catching nice air all weekend.

Last edited:

ArthurH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does anyone have the wake blast system? I'm curious to know how that's set up and filled?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I checked out the system by Scarab, its a lot of money. I'm buying a portable 600lb bag for the ski locker that has a portable pump. I don't want to install anything else on there right now lol!

ArthurH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
DJ I'd love to see a pic of the wake with the 600lb bag please post!!!

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Pt davison do you know what speed they way surfing at?

ptdavidson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@bigE He told me the following: Wake boarding @ 22 mph and wake surfing @ 10-11 mph.

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the info

Yoki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone have any updates on what ballast system they are using for the Scarab 195? Looking at getting about 800lbs of ballast for my impulse. Is that enough for a surfable wake?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Yoki the 800 should be able to get you started. I've been behind a Yamaha 19' with 800 and it put out a pretty decent wave. In the future, you may want to add some more ballast to the stern and a little in the ski locker to lengthen the wave, but you should be able to play with the one bag. If you have any extra passengers on the boat, keep them on the surf side with the bag and make sure the boat is listing to that side.