• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboarding question

spanishmack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Searched for this question, but didn't see it anywhere, so I'll ask it here for my first post:

Obviously I can see you can't attach the rope to the tower with the bimini deployed, but can it be used with the bimini folded back in the boot? Or does the top have to be removed completely for the rope to clear the tower?

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've used my tower tow point with the bimini deployed and it works just fine. Yeah, it rubs the back end of the bimini, but I've had no chafing.

spanishmack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow. Good to know, as it would stink to have to remove for boarding and not have the shade when you pull up to the beach.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure how the bimini is laid out, but could you feed the rope under the bimini to the tower?

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@spanishmack - I see you're in Navarre. I'm launching in Destin on July 8th and taking the intra coastal to Pensacola for the Blue Angels Air Show. Will be going right through Navarre on the way.

spanishmack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yup. We'll be going as well. We're about a 15-20 minute run down to the Quietwater Beach area (assuming decent weather and a fairly smooth Sound). That's a pretty good run all the way from Destin (but you'll have a chance to hit Crab Island on the way back, so that's cool). Have you ever been to the Pensacola Beach airshow via boat? Most boaters anchor up around the dock behind Bamboo Willie's, Hooters and Hemmingways. You've got to get there REALLY early to get a spot within the bounds of the dock area shallows. It gets VERY crowded, so if you're one of the first ones in, you'll be trapped until the show's over and everyone starts clearing out. With any luck, I'll have my boat name letters in before the show. We'll be in "Totally Sublime." Maybe we can meet IRL, like the kiddies say nowadays.

Will post some pics soon of my new boat name letters, remote drain plug and impeller flush quick connect system.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We were out there last year anchored in some fairly deep water straight out from Flounder's and had a pretty good view of the show. We actually launched at the Navarre bridge, but we're planning on extending our legs this year. Going with a friend that has a Yamaha 242. We will definitely be out there, though. Watching the show from the water is a great experience. I'm excited. Will look for you guys.

shift_nashville

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
no need to stow the Bimini, it'll tow just fine with it deployed. I do it every weekend behind the vortex

Chas_Chap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Used mine this past weekend. Didn't even rub the Bimini. You Gucci.

Jetbbboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not sure how the bimini is laid out, but could you feed the rope under the bimini to the tower?
I'm trying that this weekend. I was looking at it on Saturday and seems like the easiest solution. Definitely don't want to have to stow it while we're out and about.