• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakebooster Installation

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just picked up my wakebooster from the dealer, came in on Monday. I decided to try a dry fit in the driveway before going out this weekend, and I'm glad I did. With the booster held firmly against the hull, I can't get the attachment pin far enough thru the stem eye to get the T-pin in, much less get it to hit the metal stop. I'm not always an idiot, but sometimes I have my moments. Am I doing something wrong?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, wiggle the booster around a bit. It’ll go. Make sure you push it flat up against the hull. Have to apply a little pressure while you slide the pin in.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, wiggle the booster around a bit. It’ll go. Make sure you push it flat up against the hull. Have to apply a little pressure while you slide the pin in.
Oh, also you may need to unscrew the end to loosen it up until you get the pin in and retighten it.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I backed the tensioner screw all the way out. I made sure the booster is perfectly straddling the eye abs flush on the hull. But the pin just seems too fat. I've done everything short of using a 5lb sledgehammer and can't get it to slide thru.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Take it off and try the other side (starboard/port) for grins? Remove the booster and just try the pin through the stern eye?

Maybe something will wiggle into place differently??

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
No go on starboard side either.

Port side
20190705_192107.jpg
20190705_192059.jpg

Starboard Side
20190705_192017.jpg
20190705_192011.jpg

Booster scratches from trying to install
20190705_192138.jpg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Shoot, I wish I had my boat handy. I remember having a heck of a time when playing at the boat show in Feb. Never could get it, but I did take it off.

I can put mine on underwater, it just goes right in then tighten it down. Every time we use it, the tensioner knob does loosen though.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That looks right just tighten the nuts on your eyebolts to make them protrude down more from the bottom of the boat. I had the same issue but with the wedge poles not able to fit through them. Two or three turns on the nuts made the difference.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That looks right just tighten the nuts on your eyebolts to make them protrude down more from the bottom of the boat. I had the same issue but with the wedge poles not able to fit through them. Two or three turns on the nuts made the difference.
Any idea what’s on the other side? Surely those nuts on the exterior aren’t the only ones holding that on? How does that work? Lol

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any idea what’s on the other side? Surely those nuts on the exterior aren’t the only ones holding that on? How does that work? Lol
For sure not doubting you... just don’t have a vision for that. 😀

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I didn't know those nuts would change anything. I just assumed there were nuts on the backside as well to kind of sandwich the hull to hold them on.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just going to squeeze the block inside the Hull is all. There are nuts and washers on the inside you can’t get to to loose. Did mine in the spring of 2017 still no signs of I’ll effects or spider cracks.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did they sell you the correct model? The 21 foot and 24 foot models are very different. Just a suggestion to check on.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Everything says it's for the 242X.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I went back in my pictures and it appears you have the correct one. I think @Rod5 has the correct solution.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
As close as that looks to being able to put the keeper pin in I would say you’re just a couple quarter turns on each nut will do the trick.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I got about 1/2 turn on each nut but they won't turn any more. It will just barely fit the port side now, but not the starboard. Any reason I shouldn't just throw it on my belt sander and knock a few hundredths off of it?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am sure the Yamaha lawyers have a sticker some where on your boat saying that if you do that the world will come to an end. Proceed with caution.:)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is most certainly the u bolts on the boat being in a bit further than most or your hull being a bit thicker than most there. The u bolts are accessible through the cupholders.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My u-bolts are 2-1/8” from the gel coat to the end of the u-bolt. What are yours?