• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakebooster Kit F3R-K7910-V0-00

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
What comes in F3R-K7910-V0-00 Wakebooster Kit? Only the bolt on Wakebooster or also wakeboard and rope? I'm curious because I see price ranges from $700 to $1300, maybe more when looking for this. And the images are not clear what are in some of those being sold. I asked Leaders RPM through Ebay and they said they didn't have time to take a pic because they are selling so fast. LOL... they must be flying by and the image would be blurry?

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
OK... as my daughter would say, YOLO.... I ordered the 'kit' from Leaders on Ebay. We'll see what shows up. I want a clean wave to surf on this summer and I don't feel like adding hundreds of pounds of ballast. I also already have a board and surf rope so just need the booster itself.

We'll see if it actually shows up and if it's the right part. I see a lot of threads of wrong parts, recalls, delays until October, etc...

I want a wake wave increased by something that can do all 3 below
  1. Doesn't reduce fuel efficiency when not in use
  2. Can be used on either side...
  3. Surf ropeless with on board ballast and booster only.
I understand adding ballast will probably make it a better wave and somedays I may do this, but not everytime I'm out, especially when I do quick runs in the evening between work and sunset.... the lakes around here are smooth on weekday nights.

Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum....

Brian B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I hope you receive your kit. I ordered from leaders then tried adept powersports. I waited about 6 weeks to get shipping info. Turns out they weren't in stock and I was just refunded. I hope you don't lose your summer. I ended up going to a yamaha dealer and they had it in stock. Yes it was more and yes it was worth it. Get the right board too. I have a coaster from @J-RAD on the way but have been successful on a foam fish and think if I get the right set up with the right people may be able to go ropless with a 4 11 romix powertail.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
OK... as my daughter would say, YOLO.... I ordered the 'kit' from Leaders on Ebay. We'll see what shows up. I want a clean wave to surf on this summer and I don't feel like adding hundreds of pounds of ballast. I also already have a board and surf rope so just need the booster itself.

We'll see if it actually shows up and if it's the right part. I see a lot of threads of wrong parts, recalls, delays until October, etc...

I want a wake wave increased by something that can do all 3 below
  1. Doesn't reduce fuel efficiency when not in use
  2. Can be used on either side...
  3. Surf ropeless with on board ballast and booster only.
I understand adding ballast will probably make it a better wave and somedays I may do this, but not everytime I'm out, especially when I do quick runs in the evening between work and sunset.... the lakes around here are smooth on weekday nights.

Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum....
Did you get it, how did it work out?

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Yes, ordered last Mon. and received on Thurs. from Leaders. It’s the correct kit for 212x, has the tabs so it fits against swim deck and side of hull. Has a scupper cover too that stuck on well when using alcohol to clean the area. My perfect science experiment plans to test it in water with one variable change at a time got messed up when more of my kids’ friends showed up. Still gave it a go with full onboard ballast and wakebooster kit. Went ropeless for 10 sec at a time. Two things are that I can use more ballast, as many do add more with improved results AND I need more experience surfing. I’m no pro and was able to try different foot positions to quickly tell it matters with how much ‘push’ I got. The pocket to surf with the wakebooster is small. I wasn’t happy about that. I need to play with L vs R engine speeds between 10-11mph and see how it makes a difference as well. I’m enjoying the surf setup journey. But hope I can find a longer and taller wave to play with. Wakebooster is better with than w/o. Just want bigger... I will get there with more time.732F5989-CBC2-4BD1-B2A4-0DCE643F122B.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes, ordered last Mon. and received on Thurs. from Leaders. It’s the correct kit for 212x, has the tabs so it fits against swim deck and side of hull. Has a scupper cover too that stuck on well when using alcohol to clean the area. My perfect science experiment plans to test it in water with one variable change at a time got messed up when more of my kids’ friends showed up. Still gave it a go with full onboard ballast and wakebooster kit. Went ropeless for 10 sec at a time. Two things are that I can use more ballast, as many do add more with improved results AND I need more experience surfing. I’m no pro and was able to try different foot positions to quickly tell it matters with how much ‘push’ I got. The pocket to surf with the wakebooster is small. I wasn’t happy about that. I need to play with L vs R engine speeds between 10-11mph and see how it makes a difference as well. I’m enjoying the surf setup journey. But hope I can find a longer and taller wave to play with. Wakebooster is better with than w/o. Just want bigger... I will get there with more time.View attachment 125986
I'm in the same boat, looking at placing another 500lbs of water ballast in a bag in the boat and adding a second pump to make the process quicker. Let me know what you come up with.

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I added 300 lbs of sand in a few canvas bags I already had and placed on starboard side rear deck. Another 100 up front. Filled starboard tank full, ski locker tank 50% and didn’t fill port side. My daughter brought several friends so had another 700 pounds of people weight in the port area. Quickly went ropeless and was able to improve quite a bit today. The sand was a good ‘quick’ test and showed my wife what weight can do. She now agrees we can add water tanks to rear deck for surfing. Now I just need to find a water tank and pump system I’m happy with so I’m not messing with the sand bags. I’d like to get 800 to 1000 pounds on the back deck with water. Looking at options. I don’t mind putting the tanks dead center as my family rides both sides.
Side note: rode a friends Mastercraft X45 today with 3500 lbs of stock ballast. My wave will never be that amazing. Wave size envy is real.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I added 300 lbs of sand in a few canvas bags I already had and placed on starboard side rear deck. Another 100 up front. Filled starboard tank full, ski locker tank 50% and didn’t fill port side. My daughter brought several friends so had another 700 pounds of people weight in the port area. Quickly went ropeless and was able to improve quite a bit today. The sand was a good ‘quick’ test and showed my wife what weight can do. She now agrees we can add water tanks to rear deck for surfing. Now I just need to find a water tank and pump system I’m happy with so I’m not messing with the sand bags. I’d like to get 800 to 1000 pounds on the back deck with water. Looking at options. I don’t mind putting the tanks dead center as my family rides both sides.
Side note: rode a friends Mastercraft X45 today with 3500 lbs of stock ballast. My wave will never be that amazing. Wave size envy is real.
I finally have a really good surfable wave on my 212S. 750 in ski locker, 750 on transom (surf side), wake booster, and 500lbs on floor by rear seats. With 10+ feet of water and just my wife driving I can go ropeless with a ton of push and area to play.

To your point about wave envy, yes, it is real. Some of those surf boats are sunk so low that a rider that gets near the front of the wave is actually below the waterline when viewed from the side - it's unreal.

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I finally have a really good surfable wave on my 212S. 750 in ski locker, 750 on transom (surf side), wake booster, and 500lbs on floor by rear seats. With 10+ feet of water and just my wife driving I can go ropeless with a ton of push and area to play.

To your point about wave envy, yes, it is real. Some of those surf boats are sunk so low that a rider that gets near the front of the wave is actually below the waterline when viewed from the side - it's unreal.
Yes! It IS unreal. From the side view of an Axis boat I saw half a body below the water line, then I see them go up and over to the other side... climbed 6 ft easily. 4000 lbs. of stock ballast and motorized surf fins on a 25 foot boat will do that! Someday...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes! It IS unreal. From the side view of an Axis boat I saw half a body below the water line, then I see them go up and over to the other side... climbed 6 ft easily. 4000 lbs. of stock ballast and motorized surf fins on a 25 foot boat will do that! Someday...
I joined some FB boat owners groups to get an idea of reliability on the surf boats - I can't believe how many 120k boats break on a regular basis.