• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

WakeSurf Fun Lake Elsinore CA.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got to get back out behind the boat yesterday.
90 deg air and 75 deg surface water. Yeah!!!!
Learning to ride Ropeless and Turning some too....
My 12 year daughter is at same level as me.
My 14 year old daughter popped up on her 1st try!!! Still holding rope but having fun!!!

Hopefully this link works

Last edited:
I'll try uploading video....

I'll try uploading video....
Video would be awesome! I think The Boy and I are going to try that this year since football practice precludes us from any beach trips to Carlsbad Ca for Ocean surfing this summer.. =(

Any tips or tricks for making it easy?

Any tips or tricks for making it easy?

Magic,
I heard this Tip before on Here and other Forums-
You need to add a LOT of Ballast (weight) to the Boat...
My Boat is Also 23' ..so here is close to what you need to get a ridable wake ..
-Boat is 4700 empty - Yamaha AR230 is 3500-3700 lb empty??
- + 600-800 llb Fuel , gear and Passengers
- + 1000 3 Hard tanks from Factory left Center and Right all FULL
- + 750 BAG on Riders Side of boat , this helps the Boat LEAN and shape the Wake
- + 400 lbs of Sand Bags under Rear of Riders side Bench

So maybe 2100 lbs of Ballast in my Boat - = 2800-3000 in the AR230??
- + Have the Heavy Passengers sit on the rider side.

10-11 mph

There are some decent "How to Wake Surf" on You tube so Ill skip that part...

ON JET BOAT...there is no need to RIP the Surfer out of the Water...the Yamaha and most other boats Pull surfers up with ease...
With Kids( and Adults) , a smooth Gradual rise to 10-11mph works well. 3-5 seconds
Our JET boat had crazy off the line power, so we had to be careful pulling riders up..

12 Year old Allison
How much is that in beer?

Seriously, thanks for the tips! :winkingthumbsup"

I think is is 1 Pallet of Beer?

Finally got to get back out behind the boat yesterday.
90 deg air and 75 deg surface water. Yeah!!!!
Learning to ride Ropeless and Turning some too....
My 12 year daughter is at same level as me.
My 14 year old daughter popped up on her 1st try!!! Still holding rope but having fun!!!

Hopefully this link works

Have you tried boating at El Capitan in East County San Diego?

@Magic I did my surf setup this weekend in my AR230 and I have 550 lbs under port front seat, 400 lbs each side port and starboard in the rear cubby holes, 800 lbs ski locker, and 550 on port cabin seat. Here is my wake.

20140504_122120.jpg

Forgot to mention only one bag was visible on the cabin seat which we sit on.

Finally got to watch the video...Looking good @lashburn1 !!! Hopefully I will be able top do that here shortly.

Looks like everyone covered balast. When we surf, we start on the swim platform. We stand on the tip of the board, all the way to one side, letting the rest of the board float in the water. Use the rope to keep your balance. Get up to 8 to 10 pm and the board will just float as you stand on the tip. Then just slowly move back on to the board, carefully, using the rope for balance. Then once in position, just tip back and pop the front of the board off the boat.

@Magic I did my surf setup this weekend in my AR230 and I have 550 lbs under port front seat, 400 lbs each side port and starboard in the rear cubby holes, 800 lbs ski locker, and 550 on port cabin seat. Here is my wake.

View attachment 5198

That came out pretty nice.
2700 lbs
Have you had a chance to ride it yet?

Looks like everyone covered balast. When we surf, we start on the swim platform. We stand on the tip of the board, all the way to one side, letting the rest of the board float in the water. Use the rope to keep your balance. Get up to 8 to 10 pm and the board will just float as you stand on the tip. Then just slowly move back on to the board, carefully, using the rope for balance. Then once in position, just tip back and pop the front of the board off the boat.

On my 1st run , that how I do it too. I requires a high level of balance on the new boat compare to my Yamaha.... Dif wash/wake/platform ?

That came out pretty nice.
2700 lbs
Have you had a chance to ride it yet?

Nope water is 57 degree's and my board will be here tomorrow after a 6 month delay!!! :mad:

2014 Byerly volt, quad fin set-up on the rear and single front tip fin for switches. :winkingthumbsup"

Have you tried boating at El Capitan in East County San Diego?

Hey Tober ,
I looked in to El CApitan, looks good, but it's actually farther than Lake Elsinore as I am in North east Oceanside.
They charge per Boat and per person to use Lake. ...
Elsinore is $20 flat.

I may try anyway, I do like exploring

Nope water is 57 degree's and my board will be here tomorrow after a 6 month delay!!! :mad:

2014 Byerly volt, quad fin set-up on the rear and single front tip fin for switches. :winkingthumbsup"

Just checked out Byerly site. Looks super nice.

We ordered 2 - custom Boards from SoulCraft WakeSurf. 1 - for 100lb or less riders and 1 for up to 185 lb riders.
I saw there boards in a lot of online wake surf pics etc...
Then I realized there shop was 5miles from my house....lol

They are hand made , shaped and glass one at a time....
$$$

The owner Jeff spent some time with me talking about what to get for me and kids....

.....even let me demo the 2 boards u see in the Posted surf videos here.

Back