• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurf setup for 2012 SX240

TKRiverRat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm new here. We just purchased a 2012 Yamaha SX240. I'm looking for the best deal to get set up for wakesurfing. I already ordered a board (hyperlite), now we need the ballast bag/bags and a wake shaper.
*I found a deal for 2 used bags, a pump, and a Swell wakeshaper 2.0 for $500. The bags and pump I know we can use, but I have no idea if that wakeshaper will work on our boat.
I would appreciate any advice!
Thanks!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Those types of wakeshapers only work on inboards I wouldn't waste your money. When surfing with jet boats it's the jetwash that creates the biggest issue. I would start with a 750 locker bag, 800 lb fatsac for your swim deck, and wake wedge. You can add additional ballast if needed to fine tune your wave. But that always depends on how many people you have on your boat. People ballast is free ! 😂

Check out www.wakewedge.surf for the best surf products.