• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing 212x

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Far from perfect set up.... But enough to easily go ropeless with stock balast full, 1000lbs bag almost full on rear port seat, wakewedge and 2 people on board. The wake is still a little messy but at my skill level its all we need for now :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Try reducimg the angle of the wedge to clean up the wave face.

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know it looks really messy...... But what is weird is we took this one right after with the same set up????
It looks much cleaner????? The video says Sep 27th but it was taken 2 mins after the first one

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its my understanding that the wedge should be calibrated to skim the wake and knock down the jet-wash. To much and its starts to plow the wake, to little and there's not much effect.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it looks really messy...... But what is weird is we took this one right after with the same set up????
It looks much cleaner????? The video says Sep 27th but it was taken 2 mins after the first one

but you have a different surfer, this weekend we moved one passenger from the rear to bow while surfing and it made a tremendous difference in the wave, you could see the wave change as they moved forward,

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep and she had a little more weight in the boat ...... Me!!!!!!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a lot of things to consider, lake conditions, weight distribution (including fuel), wedge angle, etc. . . . I set up differently depending upon how much fuel I have in the boat. Luckily there isn't much varience of the "people weight" because we consistantly surf with the same crew who sits in the same spots.

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Im just curious.... When would you change the wedge angle? Rougher conditions? more fuel etc??? I get the fact that changing factors will change the wave but just not sure when to adjust

Thanks

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im just curious.... When would you change the wedge angle?
So . . . the wedge angle doesn't change much at all (though i will tweak it occasionally) . . . . . What I change is weight amount and placement based on the factors I mentioned. I have found the further the swim deck is under water the less angle I need. I believe this is due to the fact that the deeper the jets are in the water the less deflection of the jets is required by the wedge.

Here is a video of my wave from the riders perspective: In this video the wedge was actually set at too steep an angle and you can see the jet wash coming around the starboard side. This impacts not only the height but cleanliness of the face.

EdTheUte

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a Gantlin Product WakeWedge for sale for 2012-2016 212X's. It is unopened and brand new. Regular price $800. I will sell it for $600. Conatct me at ed@ottowear.com.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Gantlin Product WakeWedge for sale for 2012-2016 212X's. It is unopened and brand new. Regular price $800. I will sell it for $600. Conatct me at ed@ottowear.com.
Be sure to post it up in the classifieds section!

Mark E. Barnes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
AJE1977–
What year is your 212x that the video is behind? What year do wake surfing options become stock in Yamahas? I just got a 2008 and I think I need to buy the Swell attachment.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AJE1977–
What year is your 212x that the video is behind? What year do wake surfing options become stock in Yamahas? I just got a 2008 and I think I need to buy the Swell attachment.
You need ballast on swim deck and something to clean the wake,

NOT a swell product

Look at the gantlin website for what you need, proven results