• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing Behind 243VRX

RobR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Took an additional 750lb FatSack beyond the stock setup but we are getting ropeless surfing now.

Sorry for the poor video quality!

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have the ASP and Ballast System?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks good and it looks like your a good ways back from the boat,

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a good looking wave.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That's an awesome wave! Where did you put the Fat sac, swim platform or in the cab area?

Tyler Brown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Nice looking wave. Did you have the stock ballast completely full on both sides in the back, and where did you put the extra fat sac?
Also, any thoughts on also trying any of the after market surf shaper products-ronix, mission, swell wake, etc. (every week or two I see a new one adverstised on my facebook feed) in addition to the ballast and platform. I know some people have tried them on yamaha's without much success, wondering if anyone has tried one on a vortex with the ASP.
I have a 223 vr with ballast and ASP. We have been going ropeless and have times we have had the wave really nice, and just trying to make it more consistent as we have different number of people in the boat and switching from side to side.

RobR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That is pretty nice as well Tyler. I filled the stock surfside and center ballast all the way and the non surface about 1/2 way.

I found the best wake for us was to out put the fat sac on the surfside seat and the Yeti keeps it from rolling off! I also been seeing the ads for other surf systems as well. I inquired with Ronix about the 8.3 but they had no info on use with Chaps.

Thanks for the post. Hopefully we can even get these better

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a ronix 8.3 for sale if you guys are interested......

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ronix said to turn in the Jets 10 degrees to help create a single wave and use the 8.3 to make it great. Have not tried it but this what I was told to do.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Who wants to surf in a circle?

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think they mean pigeon toe the Nozzels 10 degrees. I read somewhere a while back that a Yamaha engineer said 7 to 10 degrees toe in to creat a cleaner wake and wouldn't affect performance. Full disclaimer I've not tried this myself yet.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what I was going for. Thanks for clearing it up.

TylerKnight757

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have
Nice looking wave. Did you have the stock ballast completely full on both sides in the back, and where did you put the extra fat sac?
Also, any thoughts on also trying any of the after market surf shaper products-ronix, mission, swell wake, etc. (every week or two I see a new one adverstised on my facebook feed) in addition to the ballast and platform. I know some people have tried them on yamaha's without much success, wondering if anyone has tried one on a vortex with the ASP.
I have a 223 vr with ballast and ASP. We have been going ropeless and have times we have had the wave really nice, and just trying to make it more consistent as we have different number of people in the boat and switching from side to side.
I have the 223 VRX with ASP and stock ballast. We have gone ropeless a few times, but are still having trouble getting a consistent wave. Any suggestions on speed, ballast distribution, or adding additional ballasts?

DesertVortex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just played with different settings this weekend on my 243 vrx with factory ballast and ASP. Got a really good surfable wave with all factory ballast filled and 450 bag add to the bow foot area and an 850 bag more to the surf side along the back cockpit seat so part was blocking the walk through and the pelican cooler keeping it from rolling off and a flex wake shaper surf gate as far back as it can go. https://nauticurl.com/products/wakesurfing-flex-wake-shaper-surf-gate.