• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Walkthrough WindBreaker

Would you use this product?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FB_IMG_1532638093180.jpg
Walkthrough WindBreaker
is a gray canvas with snaps for blocking wind below center window of 19ft Yamaha Jet Boats Models 190,192,195 SX/AR. No assembly required, uses existing snaps from bottom of center window and ski locker floor. Double snap bottom allows it to attach to floor then carpet snaps on top. Rated at speeds up to 30mph in normal weather conditions. Stay warm on those colder days. Order today on Ebay or Amazon!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G64TFP8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533401861&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=yamaha+jet+boat+cover+190&dpPl=1&dpID=51mjgABhdTL&ref=plSrch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/walkthrough-windbreaker-for-yamaha-jet-boats-190-192-195-sx-ar/292659139464?roken=cugayn20180724_134931.jpg
20180724_135124.jpg

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Love the idea, but I, as many, have removed my snaps in favor or Seadek flooring, so I am a no for that reason.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love the idea, but I, as many, have removed my snaps in favor or Seadek flooring, so I am a no for that reason.
I thought Yamaha sold one that went between the bow filler cushion and the windshield?!?!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If your not a supporting vendor I don't believe you can sell your items here

This thread may get closed, not sure if it will or not
@Administrative
I was told to post my product idea on here from an administrator on the Yamaha Jetboat facebook group. He said it is a great place to let people know about my idea. Thats what this for.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If your not a supporting vendor I don't believe you can sell your items here

This thread may get closed, not sure if it will or not
@Administrative
We do not have any paying advertisers. We encourage participation from vendors that bring products that increase our boating enjoyment.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Add a few snaps to connect to the bow filler cushion and it would work for the guys with Sea deck as well. It looks like a really good product.

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Add a few snaps to connect to the bow filler cushion and it would work for the guys with Sea deck as well. It looks like a really good product.
Thank you for the feedback! That is a great idea, I have been told by a lot of people with sea deck they can't use it.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice idea. I would be a no because I don't take my boat out on cold days. And because it seems pricey. I'd expect it to be no more than an aftermarket bimini boot cover which are typically less than $50. But for those that boat in such conditions frequently I definitely think there's a market for it.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the idea. The price point seems a bit high and the speed limit is a bit low. Free shipping would make it more appealing to me.

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice idea. I would be a no because I don't take my boat out on cold days. And because it seems pricey. I'd expect it to be no more than an aftermarket bimini boot cover which are typically less than $50. But for those that boat in such conditions frequently I definitely think there's a market for it.
Thank you for feedback. It can get cold out on lake/ocean even if it was warm when you left.... and as far as price.. it is hand made and sewed then snaps put on.. packaged and labeled... lot of time. These are not mass produced in china I make them so thats why it costs so much but a yamaha bow cover is $180 so this is cheaper alternative and is quick to put up and down.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you for feedback. It can get cold out on lake/ocean even if it was warm when you left.... and as far as price.. it is hand made and sewed then snaps put on.. packaged and labeled... lot of time. These are not mass produced in china I make them so thats why it costs so much but a yamaha bow cover is $180 so this is cheaper alternative and is quick to put up and down.
I totally understand and wish you success. And if I start boating more now that I have a new boat I may very well be interested in this. Regarding the issue of not having snaps available at the bottom how about using one of those spring-loaded curtain rods at the bottom.

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I totally understand and wish you success. And if I start boating more now that I have a new boat I may very well be interested in this. Regarding the issue of not having snaps available at the bottom how about using one of those spring-loaded curtain rods at the bottom.
Good idea!

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 80403
Walkthrough WindBreaker
is a gray canvas with snaps for blocking wind below center window of 19ft Yamaha Jet Boats Models 190,192,195 SX/AR. No assembly required, uses existing snaps from bottom of center window and ski locker floor. Double snap bottom allows it to attach to floor then carpet snaps on top. Rated at speeds up to 30mph in normal weather conditions. Stay warm on those colder days. Order today on Ebay or Amazon!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G64TFP8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533401861&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=yamaha+jet+boat+cover+190&dpPl=1&dpID=51mjgABhdTL&ref=plSrch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/walkthrough-windbreaker-for-yamaha-jet-boats-190-192-195-sx-ar/292659139464?roken=cugaynView attachment 80404
View attachment 80410
Now on Amazon!

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats. By the way, what are the existing snaps for on the window anyway? Is there some Yamaha accessory that uses these?

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats. By the way, what are the existing snaps for on the window anyway? Is there some Yamaha accessory that uses these?
Yes, the Yamaha complete bow cover uses the window snaps.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We tried out the windbreaker today. Very nice quality. It installed very easily and all of the snaps lined up correctly. It almost completely cut off wind coming from the bow. We cruised with it installed for a while at 32 mph with no issues. Just to test it out, I slowly increased speed. The snaps came loose at 38 mph. When it came loose, the entire ski locker carpet came unsnapped and was flapping around.

Overall a very nice piece to have if you keep it under 35 mph. I do think putting a cooler or something on the ski locker carpet pushed against the windbreaker would allow higher speeds.