• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wanting to build/make a river fishing boat out of existing boat

Bigal10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
New here. I have a limited budget but am very good at building things from little of nothing! Never had a jet boat but I am looking for advice on making a river fishing boat, say a used bass tracker,or similar metal boat and add a jet outboard. Do I need to add to the bottom for protection? Would it be better to have a tunnel underneath? Will probably add "pontoons" on the back to keep on plane .Suggestions on make/ kind of boat to use? Any advice is Appreciated. Thanks.

Croker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Take a look at this guy and his YouTube channel. Very DIY oriented but some of his vids lack some details but overall has some very cool concepts and designs. I when I have the money I’d like to build something like he has done.