• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Warm day of boating today

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our third trip to Shasta Lake this year. It was around 90 degrees late afternoon today. I had installed the new ladder Windline sent me so the boat was ready to go.

My son took his new (and first) girlfriend along. While it was nice as far as air temp the lake was cold, I'm guessing between 60 and 70 degrees. But the young ones were determined to be towed. They actually took the cold water well, staying on the tube for about 15 miles.

We drifted while we ate a snack. Then my son took to the knee-board. It was a great day. Memorial Day is just a month away now. There were very few boats on the lake. Sometimes we couldn't see another boat.

Here is a short video. In the video you can hear the PerfectPass compensating for speed loss by increasing engine RPMs in the turns.

And here are a few photos:

DSCF2296-XL.jpg

DSCF2301-XL.jpg

One of my favorite things is a boat wake...
DSCF2321-XL.jpg

DSCF2319-XL.jpg

DSCF2329-XL.jpg

Now that's some smooth water! Looks like you had a great time.

How was the water level? I have a trip planned got Shasta in late July. Looks like you guys had a good time

The lake is down 87 feet now but that's up significantly from 130 feet month or two ago.

Water control district says the lake will be down over 200 feet in August. Even at that level lake still quite large and usable.

The lake is down 87 feet now but that's up significantly from 130 feet month or two ago.

Water control district says the lake will be down over 200 feet in August. Even at that level lake still quite large and usable.
Ok thanks. Last year we couldn't launch from the one by our camp site we had to drive a good distance to the next open launch.

Ok thanks. Last year we couldn't launch from the one by our camp site we had to drive a good distance to the next open launch.
Funny thing is there are lower ramps exposed as the water level drops.

Back