• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warranty is about to expire

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good morning, I have a 2016 FSH 190 and my warranty is about to expire June 16 2021 so I would like to know if there is anything I should have my dealer check out that is under warranty and would benefit the longevity of my boat. Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good morning, I have a 2016 FSH 190 and my warranty is about to expire June 16 2021 so I would like to know if there is anything I should have my dealer check out that is under warranty and would benefit the longevity of my boat. Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
My '17 AR190 expired it's warranty last year.

I talked to the dealer about it a little bit at the boat show the year before, and his only suggestion at the time was to do a "pre puchase inspection". This is the same service the offer for anyone wanting to buy a boat from an individual. Essentially climb all over the thing, check everything is working and in good order, read the hours and check codes, then recommend any fixes/upgrades that might be relevant. Essentially a marine survey, but through a dealer instead of a surveyor. Said it was a flat $125 fee for a '19ft boat, report would come with pictures and a small write up on condition and any issues documented.

If you're really worried about it, something like that might not be a bad idea. I didn't do it, and just kept on running with the boat. No major issues up to 162hrs now going into my 5th summer with it.

Like all things YMMV.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My '17 AR190 expired it's warranty last year.

I talked to the dealer about it a little bit at the boat show the year before, and his only suggestion at the time was to do a "pre puchase inspection". This is the same service the offer for anyone wanting to buy a boat from an individual. Essentially climb all over the thing, check everything is working and in good order, read the hours and check codes, then recommend any fixes/upgrades that might be relevant. Essentially a marine survey, but through a dealer instead of a surveyor. Said it was a flat $125 fee for a '19ft boat, report would come with pictures and a small write up on condition and any issues documented.

If you're really worried about it, something like that might not be a bad idea. I didn't do it, and just kept on running with the boat. No major issues up to 162hrs now going into my 5th summer with it.

Like all things YMMV.
The pre purchase inspection thing sounds like a great idea. But if you are one with the boat it’s unlikely an inspection would turn up anything that you didn’t know about!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The pre purchase inspection thing sounds like a great idea. But if you are one with the boat it’s unlikely an inspection would turn up anything that you didn’t know about!
100% agree, and the reason I didn't go through with it. I had a good idea of what they were going to find anyway, so why spend the cash, right? :D

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How many hours on your boat? Have you kept up on all the maintenance?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
100% agree, and the reason I didn't go through with it. I had a good idea of what they were going to find anyway, so why spend the cash, right? :D
Right! Just have to try and stay ahead of it... doesnt always work that way, but perfection is a direction not a place.

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Boat currently has 403 hours on it. I usually do all the maintenance myself because dealer would take forever just get it back here in Miami. I change the oil, spark plugs, and change the air filter. At the moment, the speedometer is not working. It goes up to about 10mph and that's about it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat currently has 403 hours on it. I usually do all the maintenance myself because dealer would take forever just get it back here in Miami. I change the oil, spark plugs, and change the air filter. At the moment, the speedometer is not working. It goes up to about 10mph and that's about it.
The speedo on these boats are pretty simple. Check the little wheel on the bottom of the hull towards the stern on the port side. If it's damaged/loose then speed won't read properly.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right on..... sounds like your “ride” is solid! Will the warranty cover the speedo?

RIDINwithRICK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not sure if the speedometer is covered on warranty. I have to check that out. How many hours with good maintenance can these engines last?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not sure if the speedometer is covered on warranty. I have to check that out. How many hours with good maintenance can these engines last?
If you have the 5 year YES warranty I’d think it would be covered..

I don’t know how long these motors will last but I’m hoping a few thousand hours! I would think that as long as the oil and filters are changed regularly, and if they don’t get overheated they should last a long time.. the thermostats are pretty cool at 158* if memory serves.