• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Washed the boat, now won’t start

Moat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I can’t win. 2001 Tango with Merck Sport Jet 175. Ran fine.
Did a thorough scrubbing (did not open engine compartment) and now nothing. I do hear a faint click from the engine when I turn the key but that’s it. Hopefully it’s just a fuse that got wet or something easy. Please help.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I’d start by disconnecting the battery, charging it, getting the battery tested, letting everything dry out and try to figure out what caused it to do that. I’d check the ignition switch. If you didn’t get the engine compartment wet, chances are rare it’s anything under the hood. Keep us posted, somebody will usually kick in on here.

Moat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Battery is brand new. Turn the key, nothing but a faint click.

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Even new batteries can develop a bad cell and the symptom does sound like low amps. Jump packs and battery testers are easy ways to eliminate the battery. I keep this around and it's been able to quickly determine if it's battery or something else.
Do you have working lights or other electrical things like gauges, or is there nothing but a click?

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Battery cable connections are essential, especially the negative cable at both ends. Need to be clean and in full contact.