• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Washington State Lakes

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
anyone have any experience with water sports on Moses Lake in Washington. New boat owner looking for some good spots in Eastern Washington for the kids to tube and wakeboard. Too cold on the west side still.

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my vote is for banks! :winkingthumbsup" you will be ruined for the other eastern WA lakes though.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chelan stays cold longer and there is always wood debris in the lake through July. Lake Roosevelt is a close second to Banks. Banks is my top pic as well.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Have any of you been to Moses lake? I booked an airbnb there and I am wondering if I should cancel. It is just one day and we are brand new to boating so I don't want to get there and find it doesn't work.

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been to moses several times myself. of course it will work. since you are new, you will go and have a great time never knowing any different. my opinion of moses is this. the lake is rather small, shallow and kinda muddy with very murky/dirty water. there are a lots of houses on the shoreline of moses. if you are set on going to that area I would go to the potholes side and stay at mardon resort http://www.mardonresort.com/ they have cabins and your experience will be better than the moses side. the water quality is still murky and dirty but it is alot bigger, no houses and miles of sandy dunes to be able to beach your ride and relax for awhile. not really worth it for one day but if you had two I would recommend driving a little further and checking out http://www.sunbanksresort.com/ for water sports you wont find a better lake in washington

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is also a lot of boating done on the Columbia River between Chelan and Wenatchee, you should be able to find some VRBO rentals with water access upstream from the Rocky Reach dam. Of course the water everywhere is still cold and our air temps are lagging - last year we had already hit 80 and I'm not sure we've hit 70 yet!

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Are there places along the Columbia to gas up on the water. I am moving to Longview and I would like to take the boat from Longview to the Portland/Vancouver area for a day trip but I am sure I would need to gas up.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Upon y'all's advice I changed our reservation from Moses Lake to Banks lake for next weekend. Let's hope the sun comes out for us! Thanks Fellas!

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
nice! you will have a blast. banks lake is where its at. you staying at sunbanks resort then?

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
nice! you will have a blast. banks lake is where its at. you staying at sunbanks resort then?
Yes I opted for beachfront cabin. Roughing it a little bit but super cheap for a family of 7.

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm so jealous! I'm sure it will be a great time. so if you need fuel on the water or minor convenience store items that will be coulee playland. that is to the north once out in the main channel. nice sandy shoreline with plentiful places to beach your boat and best overall sights to see will be to the south down around steamboat rock state park. have fun and we expect to see some pictures afterward. :winkingthumbsup"

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never been there this early in the year, I'll be interested to hear how it is. If you like to fish at all there is great walleye, small mouth bass and trout fishing.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Upon y'all's advice I changed our reservation from Moses Lake to Banks lake for next weekend. Let's hope the sun comes out for us! Thanks Fellas!
81 today.... finally

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes I opted for beachfront cabin. Roughing it a little bit but super cheap for a family of 7.
Unless you already have ... download navionics boating app... on the river it's awesome.. you can even replay your route, speed, etc

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chad Sears So, how was banks lake in early May of a cooler than usual spring season?

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Lake was beautiful and the little cabins were cool.

It was a little chilly but we got out for a sunset cruise down the lake and a bit the next day. Put the kids in sleeping bags and we had our coats on. My son took his jacket off and put it under the seat in the open area and then we couldn't find it after. The kicker his iPhone and Nintendo ds were in it. Long drive though. Not sure if it was worth the drive. Took me 6+ hours each way with stops for food and everything else.

On a side note it was our first trip with the boat and in two short days we drained the tank. What do you do for refueling for a weekend? Load it up and drive an hour into town? Bring gas cans? What's the best way to refuel?

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do you do for refueling for a weekend? Load it up and drive an hour into town? Bring gas cans? What's the best way to refuel?
use the fueling station on the lake at coulee playland