• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

WatchMeStruggle: 30 foot rig on a 22 foot driveway

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
storage is pain, but where this is will there is way. I cut right before getting on the alley because that is actually easy. Getting out the patio is much more difficult that it looks.

There was some talk ( @bronze_10 ) about the ParkIt360 and what it can do. Here is an example of what $2,000 of 2 wheels and a battery can do.
@Slack just like I said, you get the boat and then you figure things out. I build the patio cover and raised the fence, just for the boat. And now we have to move in a couple of months.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik i see the witneas protection plan is still in effect.

Love the basset hound telling u what's happening.

That's a nice looking trailer there.. .!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Slick little toy. I won't complain about my stupid driveway anymore, at least I can get it in attached to the truck.

Sweet trailer.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik i see the witneas protection plan is still in effect.

Love the basset hound telling u what's happening.

That's a nice looking trailer there.. .!
This random guy bullied me to buying a trailer I did not need, but I really wanted. Did I mention that my old rig was 24feet with folded tongue and this on is 30.6 feet ......

Manga ( the basset) was very lazy today from the heat, but usually the moment he hears the dolly he hauls nonstop.

I am just trying to look cool like OutOnTheReef

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Slick little toy. I won't complain about my stupid driveway anymore, at least I can get it in attached to the truck.
Sweet trailer.
I usually have little sympathy for people who complain about driveways LOL This is probably the 20 time I have done this, but at the very beginning it was a major PAIN. Did I also mention that when @txav8r delivered the boat to me, we was able to put on the grass area with his truck.... now that is a real struggle

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did out on the reef get rid of the fsh?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is more painful than watching paint dry

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boy @Betik , love thy close neighbor....lol
Thats some tight quarters

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, I thought I had it tough. Now I’m just grateful that I can move my boat in and out without having to make a turn. Love the electric dolly but the frugal side of me would have just removed the tree and extended the gate so that I could put the boat away with the truck.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, I thought I had it tough. Now I’m just grateful that I can move my boat in and out without having to make a turn. Love the electric dolly but the frugal side of me would have just removed the tree and extended the gate so that I could put the boat away with the truck.
I thought it, but a tree of that size is worth more than $2K. On top of that the rolling have is maxed out at 27 feet. 1 more foot and will enter the neighbors property. These cookie cutters we live in are not mean for storing boats and I am telling you the HOA makes sure you never forget that.

Slack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, that is impressive. Thanks for sharing. I did something similar by attaching my zero turn mower but it does not work as well as the dolly for sure. I’m just glad I can fit mine in my 7’ garage for the winter months.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I get it. I’m guessing the HOA rules prevent owners from redesigning their fences without written approval so it’s not as simple as putting in two small rolling fences (similar to closet doors). I didn’t realize the tree was so valuable either. Sounds like you will be in a different (better?) situation soon, I hope boat access and storage is better for you there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Trees are a lot. Bought a stihl 55cc chainsaw with 20" bar or something for much cheaper. Paid for itself after the 5 60' trees.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Betik That choreography of yours is impressive. Shows what some of us have to do to be boat owners. There are times when I miss my old house with the short little paved driveway, but I dont miss the neighbors house within pissin distance. Your dolly/hand truck is impressive and appears to save a lot of back breaking work, maneuvering 90° and around the tree. Ornamentals of that size are expensive and in demand when there are not many around. Up here in the sticks, trees are a dime a dozen and if not good for lumber their value is in cord wood. I have to get out and kill a few soon as the leaves will be filling in and blocking part of my valuable view. Trees to the left are next years firewood. We value the big maple on the right highly, as it provides much needed shade in summer months keeping the house cooler.20180511_064223.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Betik , before you move, if your going to continue to store the boat there by agreement in the rental contract...maybe you ought to extend the edge of the drive with a radius to the patio parking area. I know we have talked about how soft the ground will be when wet. Right now you can second guess weather, but when you have renters, you may not be able to come and go so easily. But after watching how much effort to get in and out it is, maybe it’s time for indoor storage someplace off property? I feel for you bro.

Last edited: