• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Water buildup issue

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I have my OEM Yamaha cover on my 212X. We just got crushed with rain here in NJ the past 2 days. The cover is on tight. Now I have two big ass puddles of water on top of the cover. One on each side of the pooling strap above the center/frontal area. Anyone have some good ideas I could use to keep this thing propped up better so this doesn't happen anymore ?

My old standby in case of a downpour is to put the big Tube under the cover standing on it's side. It plumps up the cover high enough so that water just rolls off the sides, no pooling.

@geiger41 do you have your anti-pooling poles installed? I've never had an issue with mine while the anit-pooling poles are installed. If you do have them, you could spray some 303 Fabric Guard on your cover. Water will then move off the cover so fast it won't have time to pool up. I sprayed some on my cover recently and water ran off of it so fast it it was flying off the cover and hitting my garage door, haha

Anti pooling poles are installed. What I think it is, is that my vlift has a max boat width of 9ft 6 inches. That is exactly what my boat is. BUT the cover has one tightening ratchet on each side of the boat. They are popped out about 1.5 inches on each side. So its not easy to simply tighten everything up like you would if the boat was on a dock or in the water. I'm going to try the tube idea and see how that works out. Ill keep all the jbn'ers posted.

Anti pooling poles are installed. What I think it is, is that my vlift has a max boat width of 9ft 6 inches. That is exactly what my boat is. BUT the cover has one tightening ratchet on each side of the boat. They are popped out about 1.5 inches on each side. So its not easy to simply tighten everything up like you would if the boat was on a dock or in the water. I'm going to try the tube idea and see how that works out. Ill keep all the jbn'ers posted.

Oh, gotcha. Your cover secures a little different than mine. Let us know though.

Back