• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

water getting in somewere 2016 242 x bilge pump going steady

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello I am getting water in my 2016 242. sitting at dock the bilge pukes out a gallon every minute. It is getting in somewere. were can i look as this is scary, bilge pump dies or battery dies we will fill with water.
Where should I look. Common spots. How to fix?
thanks in advance

Sx240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you forget the drain plug or maybe it came loose also I see on here people talking about a scupper valve and replacing it with a stainless steel one it’s located under the swim platform it’s a one way valve lets water out but shouldn’t let water in good luck finding the issue

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you forget the drain plug or maybe it came loose also I see on here people talking about a scupper valve and replacing it with a stainless steel one it’s located under the swim platform it’s a one way valve lets water out but shouldn’t let water in good luck finding the issue
No the plug was in. But thanks

Sx240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check the scupper valve then search on here there are a few threads on it

Sx240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quite a few people have had problems with them the oem ones are plastic and break

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No the plug was in. But thanks
Did you every diagnose the issue? I have the same boat and I have done just about everything and still getting in water. I have one more thing to try but I have to take the access panel off and it can wait until the end of the season. I just may take it to the dealership at that point and have them look.