• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Water in ski locker even with a plug!

shadynasty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
This is getting pretty annoying. The ski locker is literally wasted space at this point for me as there is a half inch of water in there any time I take it off the water. Anything left in there gets musty smelling.

For reference, we trailer this boat every time we use it, it stays covered and dry, and I plugged the drain hole a few weeks back thinking that would take care of our issues.

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this problem? It’s a 2021 195.

Attachments

• 4D046667-4D70-499B-8F47-CB588D51150D.jpeg
    4D046667-4D70-499B-8F47-CB588D51150D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Sadly, there is no solution. The ski locker is assumed to be wet storage. It also happens to be the lowest point in our boats. So water accumulates there unless you tilt the boat back via trailer or thrust on the water.

You can do things like spray water in the hole to push some water into the bilge, but it won't solve the problem.

It just isn't meant to store dry stuff.

I’ve been very fortunate I guess. I’ve never had water accumulate in there. I keep all the plugs unplugged. Are the plugs in your engine compartment plugged? If so, maybe try unplugging those as well as the ski locker one.

Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but looks like the base around your plug is damaged? Like it would allow water in from below? Or am I looking at it wrong?

Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but looks like the base around your plug is damaged? Like it would allow water in from below? Or am I looking at it wrong?

I thought the same earlier but I have yet to stick my head in there. Now you’ve got me thinking about tomorrow…

Haha, sorry. At least it's an interior plug though, so I wouldn't cancel any plans over it. But would definitely bug the crap out of me too.

My 21 195s did have the actual plug when delivered. I since purchased one just need to install. Water in the ski locker is irritating to say the least.

I'm lucky that I keep mine in the garage and live in AZ. 24 hours off the water and it's dry as a bone and I put my tube, etc back in.

Sadly, there is no solution. The ski locker is assumed to be wet storage. It also happens to be the lowest point in our boats. So water accumulates there unless you tilt the boat back via trailer or thrust on the water.

You can do things like spray water in the hole to push some water into the bilge, but it won't solve the problem.

It just isn't meant to store dry stuff.
Check to see if your anchor locker drains into the ski locker. It does on my Yamaha SX 190. It’s annoying. I have the guys at the marina tilt it way back to drain the water out when taking it out of the water.

Back